Early Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This might sound crazy but I firmly beleive that Seattle didn't go for a legit QB this season because Carroll wants to draft Barkley next year. I believe the same about Harbaugh in SF but not as strongly.

And when i said 3 1sts, I'm counting moving down to whereever the team we're trading with is picking, then 2 other ones. Hopefully the team a trade would happen with would have 2 in the first round this year.

Again, I don't think we're anywhere close to being the worst team in the league. Just all speculation.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stop speculating on trading the first pick. Jeff fisher never coached a team that damn bad. Hell we were doa the 2nd half of last year and if Munch can't win more than 2-3 games he needs a new job and MR also.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

this years team is much worse then last years team. Hasselback is worse then collins and much worse than vince. we go from 5-2 with vince to 6-10 without him and collins back there. So we won 1 game with collins who is better than hasselback; imagine how much worse we are going to be with hasselless back there! Mark my words and i hate to admit, but im just using logic, we will finish 4-12 at best!

4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

no..... This years team will be better than last. Biggest reason being we have a coaching staff that is actually gonna be alot more aggressive with the talent we have rather than being the most conservative in the NFL behind Fisher. Also, with Jared Cook starting we will have the most athletic tight end in the NFL, yes i said it the most athletic tight end in the NFL which will open up alot more things we can do along with Kenny Britt who is top 5 receiver in terms of talent and i didn't even mention CJ. I dont care what anyone says, we got a steal in Jake Locker who was gonna be number 1 pick last season had he come out and is alot better than Newton and i would take him over Luck as well. Only thing that makes this team still bad is the defense which will be awful. Not alot of ability at LB or in the secondary. Hopefully the DL can make up for that,

5. gran54

gran54 Starter

How can you say Collins is better than Hassellbeck?! That's just unrealistic if you watch the Titans play. This years team is much better than last years, the majority of starters are back and we have a lot of young guys bringing new fire to the table. Offensive line will be better than last year because they have another season under their belt to gel and play together. Our interior line will be fine. Just watch and there's nothing that has to be said about the Tackles. One of the if not the best tandem in the league. Defensive line/linebackers is going to be different scheme wise, but better in my opinion. We have plenty of players that can be moved around and blitz from different places which is the most efficient way to run our defensive front. Secondary wise Verner/McCourty are making each other better in training camp and Finnegan is fine. Griffin needs to get back to how he was a few years ago and he showed signs on that last year. And as for Hope ..... hopefully he can get his job done. If Kenny is good to start and stays out of trouble with the league, our receivers will be much better. And CJ is going to rush for more yards than he did last year so ........ I don't know how you can say we are a worse team than we were last year.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Cook most athletic TE??! I like him a lot but i def dont thing hes no where near that level. And locker was a dumb pick we should have took gabbert who has been tearing it up in practice already, when all we hear about locker is excuses they're making and throwing ok on the run. Britt is really good but we dont have a qb to get him the ball this year. So yeah we have the same team minus babin, minus vince or collins, minus our best defensive player tulloch, and not to mention a complete new system that is going to have its learning curves big time!

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Whining over a pile of crap? Have you been drinking?

Gabbert and Newton are alegedly awesome already
    It's camp spin man. Guaranteed to be complete bollocks.

8. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

How do you know this? You guys act like Fisher was the worst coach in the world. He lead an average team to the Super Bowl (which if we had the 2 week window like every other super bowl year, we would have won), and had 2 GREAT teams (2000, 2009) which we got upset by Baltimore. Both of those years could have been Super Bowls.

Lets wait and see what this coaching staff does before we go placing them on top of a hill. To be honest, its not fair to them. Everything takes time.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Never know until the season starts.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This team will be better than last years. Hasselbeck is better than Collins, VY is gone so quit talking about him.

We have improved RBs, with Harper now added to the rotation. Plus a 100% healthy CJ2K. HAll returning at FB.

We have the same WRs, plus another year under Kennys, Mariani, and Dwills belt. Scaife is FINALLY off the team, giving Cook and Stevens a chance to play. Plus an added vet TE in Graham for blocking.

OL: Literally the same OL, but with another HALL OF FAME OL as a coach. The OL also has a year under there belts of working together.

On D we'll be much better. Cecils system is wack, and Wash had the DEs line way to far outside which prevented the DEs from helping vs the run. We added Shaun Smith (a huge body), Haye addded weight, and drafted Casey. JJ finally moved to DE, and Morgan will be back and healthy. For LBs, we added two rookies he could produce, especially Ayers. Replaced Tulloch with Ruud, and IMO Ruud > Tulloch. Tulloch could tackle, and that's it. Our seconday is the same.

Overall, with a new coaching staff and Fisher stubborness gone young guys will finally get to play and proove themselves. We'll have a new offense, instead of running with CJ up the middle every time. Hopefully, we can FINALLY utilize CJ to his full potential. The biggest thing is that Cecil is gone. I'm seeing an 8-8 record.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar