Early reports on VY Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Vigsted, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

So who are you suggesting?? Please don't say Mario Williams.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Williams, Hawk or Huff would be instant upgrades on defence. If Brick or Bush are there they would be options toward immediate winning as well. But the QB's are not.

3. theprizdfighter

Hawk? We just signed Thornton, and Hawks not a MLB. Huff, I think we are pretty set with Jones and Hill, unless you want Huff to replace Thompson. Brick and Bush I agree with you. I also think that Leinart would be an immediate step towards winning since he already knows Chow's offense. Williams would def. be a force across from KVB, but we won't draft him. LaBoy and Odom can get the job done.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Both Hawk and Thornton could be moved to the middle imo, just look at Lofa.
    And yes I wanted Huff as safety with whoever proves better of Fuller, Hope and Thompson

5. theprizdfighter

Our MLB's don't play that much. It's a situational spot on our team. We wouldn't draft Hawk to have him play situationally, same with Thornton, we wouldn't move him to MLB to play depending on the situation when we signed him to that big contract.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Apparently (see other thread) Thornton was used as NB by the Colts, that would open up for having Hawk and Bulluck in the middle in nickel packages. I could live with that.

Actually I could probably see Bulluck play the nickel backer too, in a cover 2 scheme.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Prizefighter......vigsted

If you are going to draft defense with that third pick williams is the only choice. Hawk is not as good a linebacker prospect as williams is an end prospect.

Isn't there some question as to where hawk is best suited to play? Middle or sam? I assume he would be an inside guy on a 3-4 team.

Mario williams is perhaps the best DE prospect since reggie white or bruce smith. He is actually bigger, stronger and faster than julias peppers. Think about that.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

with questionable instincts and motor.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Most people vastly underrate desire. A player is about as likely to all of the sudden give 100% every play as they are to cut three tenths off their 40 time. I think many scouts/gm's make the mistake of thinking that they can fix effort. It usually doesn't happen.

10. arodek55

arodek55 Guest

I had to register for this site just to reply to your post. "He has done little or nothing to show us what an awesome athlete he is." So 200 yards rushing vs. USC and 1000 yards rushing the past two seasons (998 his freshman year) wasn't enough to show you how great of an athlete he is? Have you ever seen him play? I think his athleticism is the only part of his game that is NOT in question. His passing is vastly underrated as well. What other athletic (mobile, running, scrambling, black, whatever) college QB has thrown for 3000 yards in a season? McNabb didn't do it, Vick didn't do it. Culpepper did, but Young had 3 times the # of rushing yards Culpepper did in his last season. You said Salisbury talked about Young like scouts talked about Elway. So is it OK for media types to call Jay Cutler "the next Brett Favre?"

His workout seemed adequate? Were you there? Did you even see the whole workout? What do you have to base this opinion on?

PS. Chad Johnson ran a 4.57, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar