Early Round QB's?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He's on my short list for sure.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think we have a real shot at Carr or Bortles at 11 if that is the way our new coach chooses to go.

3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Not a fan of Carr at all. I could get with Bortles, but I cant see him being there.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't think it's likely that 4 QB's go in the top 10. Hasn't happened yet going back to 1998 (although 1999 was close, the 4th being selected at #11). It seems usually 2 or 3 are off the board in the top 15.

5. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

Really hope we avoid Derek Carr. A system QB who dominated the Mountain West but struggled in the big games... no thanks.

And I pray we avoid Zach Mettenberger. That'll set the franchise back another 4 years. Not really seeing the attraction of Mettenberger... perhaps someone could explain?

Looking at the 6 games Mettenberger had against good competition - Auburn, Georgia, MS State, Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama - he had a total of 8 TDs and 5 INTs. That's 1.33 TDs and 0.83 INTs per game. Not what you'd find from a franchise QB.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Mettenberger is a 2nd or later guy with upside. A lot to do with his size. He does throw some lasers but is also a bit on the statue side. Reminds me of a bigger tom Brady that doesn't work the pocket as well. Not as cerebral. He could end up a very good QB in the right situation with the right coach. You try not to look at stats when evaluating talent ceiling. The mental ability is much more important.

A lot will compare to Big Ben but no such thing because he really doesn't like to be moved off his spot.

Bortles is the better Big Ben candidate.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1st round: Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater
    2nd round: AJ McCarron or Tajh Boyd
    4th Round: Aaron Murray

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Don't like Carr, he has the same problem Jake does. He eyes the rush and panics at times.

My favorite QB in Boyd. Accurate, Mobile, good character. He's essentially a black and more accurate Jake Locker. Yes please?

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

biggest thing: hasn't missed a single start due to injury

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

he should be available in the 2nd. I don't see his stock rising. Just doesn't have the hype. I think he will be better than Bridgewater. To be honest, i think he will be the best in his class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar