Early Round QB's?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's got a 3rd round grade by most websites, due to:

- Short, 6'1 at max
    - Plays out of the 'Gun
    - Doesn't play in "pro-style" offense
    - Alot of easy throws; i.e. screens/slants
    - Had two 1st round WRs (DeAndre Hopkings & Sammy Watkins)
    - Slow wind-up
    - Looks to run too early for NFL

Besides height, all of these can be fixed. I'll be watching the combine, pro-day, and senior bowl... thaty'll show if he's worthy of our 2nd.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Bro.... Murray in the second over McCarron. McCarron isn't worth an early 4th let alone a second.

3. xpmar9x

It's not a very sexy pick, but I think McCarron can find a career similiar to Matt Hasselbeck/Andy Dalton. Never will be able to win by himself, but with a talent team around him he's "good enough".

Now the question is, do we go for the safe or risky pick?

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think Murray is similar in the "good enough" area and actually a higher ceiling than that of McCarron in it.

Murray is a gamer, risk taker and actually very accurate. He is smaller and with his own limitations but he can win in this league.

I'm going to start posting my scouting reports soon enough. I'll start with Murray because he gets a lot of love around here. Look out for it sometime today.

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Man, I keep forgetting we don't have a 3rd round pick. While I really believe Titans should cut Ties with CJ, I really don't want to have a rookie QB and rookie later round RB trying to win with this team. While CJ is expensive, I can easily see him staying with the team so we can put off truly 'needing' an RB for another year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

1st: D playmakers
    2nd: Boyd
    3rd: -
    4th: OT
    5th: RB

This is a problem. But, if we can get rookie production like say ARZ did with Andre Ellington we'd be fine. Or, perhaps we look in free agency for a OT or RB?

Maybe we trade #11 back to late teens and pickup a 3rd?

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

love this draft

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

-Like Brees and Wilson, he has a throwing motion to compensate
    -Plays out of the gun but being taught to play under center should be easy for him. VY did it in one offseason lol
    -True he did have a lot of easy throws. But two things jump out at me, his ball placement is above average. While Locker makes receivers put a lot of work into their catches(twisting body, diving) Boyd puts great touch allowing receivers to make plays after the catch. Also, he knows how to put enough zip on mid-range throws without putting too much heat on it like Jake does.

-When Hopkins left, Boyd still put on a show this season. Also, Hopkins isn't necessarily lighting up the NFL. When Kendall Wright is just as explosive and dangerous in the NFL as he was at Baylor. Hopking has flashes. He could have been as much a benefactor of playing with Boyd as Boyd playing with him.

This is no longer true. He is a pocket qb ala wilson.

My favorite trait that makes me put him above Jake is he doesn't eye the rush. I'm not a fan of Jakes pocket presence or ability to deal with noise. Boyd displays that.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar