Ed McMahon is Dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

what a shameful way to go out. The last thing he ever did, notably, was Cash 4 Gold, a total scam.

I'd rather pull a David Carradine on myself than be tied to those scumbags.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

how exactly is Cash 4 Gold a total scam?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

nevermind... never really gave it much thought before... a little google goes a long way... but for real, if I had scrap gold or unwanted jewelry I would shop it to the pawn shops that offer cash up front. I wouldn't be naive enough to mail it off... I'll tell you another thing.... I never believed American Family Publishers or Publishers Clearing House was going to ride up on my house in the prize patrol van to present me with a giant cardboard check either... I don't care what that yellow envelope had printed on the front! :ha:

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cash 4 Gold is an economic opportunist.. but if times are tough, times are tough

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ed McMahon died at 86, not too bad of a run. The nice part if any is that the public recognizes his death. Many people die daily, in fact my friend committed suicide last Thursday and it went unnoticed to anyone out side of town. But fortunately for a guy like Ed McMahon, he will be missed for his body of work more than how he passed. Suffering from pneumonia and financial troubles McMahon is now in a better place.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

from what I read they seriously low bid the worth of what is sent to them. Roughly 1/3 of it's scrap value or what you might otherwise garner from a reputable scrap dealer. I read they manipulate the dates from which they receive materials and stroke checks to shorten the window of opprotunity that people have to make a claim against their "guarantee"... not really an ethical set of practices if you ask me.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly. They are appealing to old people, or just dumb people who don't know better.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Johnny Carson is in heaven saying, "HEEEEEERE"S ED!!!!!"

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The dumb part about it is if they just offered a reasonable but low price for the gold and jewelry they would probably get no complaints. Operating as they are now is fraud and will eventually get them put in jail.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The shame is that after making what might have been hundreds of millions he still needed to work at age 86.

20 years ago he was doing endorcements for 20 different companies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar