Eddie George a HOF'er?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BullyDozzzer, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BullyDozzzer

BullyDozzzer Camp Fodder

I just got into a huge argument with my friend (who isn't a Titans fan) and I said that Eddie George should go to the HOF while my friend said that he just misses out on it. I was wondering what you guys think.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Just not good enough.

Getting 10,000 career yards is not that rare these days and there are numerous contemporaries of his who are better or as good.

Go look at the number of backs in the hall of fame and consider that the NFL has been around for 75 years. Only the true elite backs should make it.

No offense bud but if you are going to start a thread like that you should make your case first. Why do you think he belongs?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI there are 25 HOF RBs and the league is 88 years old.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

your friend is right.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Eddie is my favourite Titan player up to now and i'd love him to make it to the HOF.

If the HOF starts taking into account what a player meant to his team during his career then he'd be a lock. It's based on stats and SB rings though and unfortunately Eddie doesn't match up. He was a very good RB but wasn't one of the best ever.

It's just not going to happen.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

He'll be in Tennessee's Hall of Fame, not too sure about Cantons.
    Has he ever offically retired? If not, if he goes to the HOF, it'll be in a Cowboys uniform.
    Can anyone name some other RBs BETTER then George that aren't in yet?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Eddie is the last of a dying breed. I doubt we see another RB making 400 carries like he did in 2000.

Turner had 376 last year and Peterson 363. Only five RBs total had more than 300.

But Eddie is not HOF worthy.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Sorry, guy, he just doesn't make the cut. HOF is Walter Peyton, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, etc. Eddie was great, and meant the world to our team, but he just isn't on that level. He is still my favorite player of all time, still embodies what it meant to be a Tennessee Titan, but he simply didn't have Canton-worthy numbers.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i bet Jones Drew hit 400 this year, he he stays healthy.

10. BullyDozzzer

BullyDozzzer Camp Fodder

I still beleive being one of only 24 players to rush for over 10,000 yards in there career at such a premeir position should be thought of as one of the best. I also beleive that being the centerpiece of a team that only had one losing season while he was there should count for a whole lot more than stats, but just like childress said that probably isnt what they really look at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar