Effects of the Last 2 Days on the Draft...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GoTitans3801, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

^^^I love the looks of this, I'd probably keep Chris Brown around another year unless it's a late 2nd, doubt it though.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Arizona needs a QB - I doubt Warner makes 3 years, but you never know.

Raiders, obviously.

Y'all forgot the Vikings. Brad Anderson is a short-term answer. Now they have a #1 pick and two #2s.

Rams would be wise, but they're not being prudent, and so would Detroit. I know it's not the Rams' time (but I'd have limited faith in Bulger if I were a fan) and Ryan Fitzpatrick may actually have a future. Kitna is clearly short-term. If the Lions trade Harrington, I think Cutler is still a target for them.

Tampa Bay? And it's almost time KC considered drafting Trent Green's replacement, though not this year.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brad Johnson.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And my favorite is still the Jets. We should prevent them from trading with NO. There's no point now. They've got their QB, so they're not a threat to take one, and they're more costly to deal with than we are :)winker: ). We could say "Trade with us and take your pick of QBs." I'd be fine with taking whoever is left between Leinart and Young (Young) (Young) (Young). We can't lose that way and it costs them less than moving to #2 or #1. In fact, at minimum, I would make the trade for their #1 and 2 (though I'd try for a 3rd/4th or a pick next year, too).

And for goodness sake, someone trade Billy Volek already!

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Jay Cutler
    NFL Player Most Comparable to: Phillip Rivers

lovely comparison...:lol:

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Al Davis could be this year's Mike Ditka!

7. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Rivers had the most career starts in NCAA history and has taken like 10 snaps in two years....I think the Chargers would have traded him if Brees didn't get hurt.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

royhobbs, do you think the Raiders will be knocking at the door looking to get some Vince Young or Matt Leinart? If that is how we got the Brick I could be a happy man.

9. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I am thinking the Raiders might go after Aaron Brooks and draft whichever QB falls. Trading back to #7 is a risk for us because Bush, Leinart, Young, Brick, Super Mario, and Hawk will likely be gone, leaving Cutler. I'd do it for their #2, but not for only a #3. Also, the demand for a trade up to #1-3 for a QB is growing smaller by the minute. Detroit won't now, if the Jets get Ramsey or (Stump the) Schaub, they won't, the Aints and the Phins won't either. That leaves the Raiders, Cardinals, and Vikings who all are outside the top 6. Al Davis falling in love with Leinart is a real possibility....but he'll trade with the Saints, not us.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The Jets want Ramsey as a back-up. They still could be after Leinart.

I could see them trading their first and John Abraham for the Texan's first and taking Leinart or whoever they covet.

And I could see the Raiders moving up to #2 if the Saints want to trade down.

If this does happen we better take Bush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar