Eli Apple

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Bukafax, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

most people see 4-5 OT's going in the 1st this year and maybe another 4-5 in the 2nd, theres a lot of Tackles

2. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Bucky Brooks has him as the #1 prospect over Bosa and Tunsil.....I'd address the O-line in Free Agency.

Is FSU's Jalen Ramsey the top prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft?
    At least one analyst has former FSU defensive back Jalen Ramsey as the top-rated prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft.
    Bucky Brooks of NFL.com released his first “Big Board” Wednesday to rank his top 32 draft-eligible players. The list will undoubtedly change before the draft begins April 28, but it should be noted just how highly Brooks – a former NFL defensive back – regards Ramsey.
    Ramsey is the No. 1 prospect on Brooks’ Big Board, edging out Ohio State DE Joey Bosa.
    “Ramsey is a versatile defensive back with dynamic playmaking skills and instincts,” Brooks wrote. “He will make an immediate impact as a hybrid safety/corner/slot defender from Day 1.”

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I agree, I want us to get Ramsey, just wish we could get a pick or a player from Cleveland to switch places.

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I would offer an opinion... But being a Buckeye fan, I will refrain lol...

After all, I'm pinned with Bias for wanting Bosa and Bell.

5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Exactly why we should draft him! He is versatile and ready for the pro level. He would make the most difference on our team day one---period.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Ramsey is so damn good.. I've had him at #3 but honestly think he'd get me more excited than Tunsil or Bosa.

As for the dropoff after Tunsil, it's significant IMO.. Tunsil is a "can't miss" tackle/prospect to be honest.. I don't trust Ronnie Stanley, I see Andrus Peat.. Stanley may be good but I bet he struggles mightily his first season. Shon Coleman, Jack Conklin & Taylor Decker may be alright as RT's, but I wouldn't be surprised if they bust (the 'next' tackles after Tunsil).

Tunsil is head and shoulders above the rest of this Tackle class.

Not saying I want him (I may lol) just answering your question.

As for the DBs after Ramse. Alexander & Hargreaves are SO solid. Apple looks the part too, but he's very grabby and misses tackles. Not a bad option at 33 though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

CB Kendall Fuller is a better prospect than CB Eli Apple

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and didnt we have his brother here for years... doubt that helps his stock but good little fact to know

9. kenny

kenny Starter

I think when you look at #1 overall it has to be through an eye of what helps us most. What gets us closer to being great on one side of the ball or the other. I think we are much closer to being great on defense. No disrespect to Bosa; he can play football no doubt. However, when you look at our biggest area of concern on defense it is definitely the secondary. Ramsey is a guy who would instantly make our secondary much better. He is the type of guy LeBeau would use all over the place.

Tunsil will be a great LT IMO, but I do not see the Titans drafting him to move Lewan to RT. In fact they have already said they have no intentions of moving Lewan. Now, that could just be smoke for the draft. However, I believe they give Lewan at least one more year to earn that LT spot. Honestly I can live with that. I would rather see us bring in a quality, proven, veteran FA for the oline than another rookie. The oline needs leadership & guidance. I think a lot of the issues last year could of been fixed with better communication & a real leader on the line calling out people who did not do their jobs properly.

I'm all in on Ramsey mainly because he is the one guy I can look at right now and see that he would make an immediate impact day one. That is what any top 10 pick should do; change your team for the better the day they get there. Look what Peters did for the Chiefs. They were looking rough at that 2nd CB spot with just Sean Smith.....this year they had a really good CB group. Ramsey, IMO, will be able to do much more for the Titans.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

Honestly with bringing Ramsey into the secondary we could still really use another good DB. McCourty has just not been the same for the past few years. When he is healthy he is still not a guy who will get many picks. He is more of a tackle after the catch guy.

Cox was not great this year either & would probably be best utilized at NB.

Ramsey and another solid DB would make this team hard to play against on defense. We need to add some depth at pass rusher, but not with the #1 pick IMO. We have too many bigger needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar