Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We have two second-round picks at DE who are not close to being as good as they will be. Why give up on LaBoy and Odom after just two seasons? You have KVB opposite these guys for the next few seasons. I think a position in good shape.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If I had to line up opposite Odom I would be scared.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

Ok lets say we do draft Mario and he has a great four years here. Down the road when his contract finally runs up how are we going to pay him. It will end up like Kearse and he will go off to another team. Young, Leinart, Cutler would be guys we keep here till they retire. But if we got Mario Williams I would trade down to get some extra picks too.

This is just somethin to keep in the back of your mind too.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But if you draft Brady Quinn, then "he sits for at least a year, the Titans lose more games and have a chance at [whoever is start QB in the next draft]". It would be the screw without end.

If you're in a position to draft a quarterback whom you believe can be your future franchise quarterback you do so, no ifs and buts.

5. danny

danny Guest

Williams is damn near 300 lbs and 6'7". He's a bigger faster Kevin Carter. Put him anywhere on the line.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Problems with mario...

First of all he has been durable as a college player. He plays every game and frankly i don't like that. I want wimpy players who go down with every little injury besides it provides a nice excuse when we suck.

Another thing i'm worried about is his number. He wore #9 at ncs and frankly he might want to keep that number as a pro. What's going to happen if steve doesn't give it to him? He is liable to hurt one of his team mates in practice a guy that big strong and dominant. Better pass on mario.

Note that one of the most impressive propsects at the combine was bama end mark anderson. He ran a 4.6 40 and set a combine record vertical jump of 42 inches. Far surpassing poor mario who only jumped 40.5 inches. Geez a 295lb lineman only jumping 40 inches. Don't draft that guy!:sad2:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

I'm not going to fight you but please tell me which QB is a better value with that pick then williams? Or hawk for that matter?

Now i'm not saying that mel kiper is the word of god in these matters but there is a reason why he is rich and famous ranking propsects for the draft. Despite the combine he still thinks that cutler is over hyped and rates him only 15th. Is he that wrong that we should take cutler 3rd?

As for young, kiper has dropped him from 3rd to 5th. I think young really did throw a 6 on the wonderlic and his lawyer/agent made a big stink about it. You know how lawyers are they probably threatened a suit based on the test not being properly administered or something so the nfl went along with the little game while never admitting fault. In the meantime every GM in the league knows young scored a 6 and by draft time it might be young who is falling to 15.

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

Wait till Youngs Pro Day well see where he rated after that. That will shut people up about his Test Score

9. danny

danny Guest

I'm not saying Young won't impress at his pro day and I'm not saying he's dumber than a bag of rocks. I'm saying the Titans would get a more immeadiate return on their investment by drafting Williams than drafting a QB to sit for a year. If the Titans draft one of the three QB's then I'll hope for the best like everyone else.

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

I don't doubt that Mario couldn't come in immediately and help it's that we need a future QB more than a DE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar