Enough of Jackie Battle in the red zone.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Guys, guys, guys.... all of our backs suck equally.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That may be true. But part of it is on playcalling. When you run the ball 98% of the time he's on the field defenses are going to sell out to stop him.

If we need one or two yards I'd much rather have Battle in there than CJ. But if we could just get a little more creative with our playcalling I think both of them would have more success.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Greene is good, best vision, and most power. He should be our No.1 RB

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

no....

our interior o-line is still jelling... as for 'sucking' that's rob turner for sure...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

Yes I agree, the playcalling has been "blah" at best when we call runs.

Loggains is holding us back ATM

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't disagree. But tough to be a #1 when you can't get on the field.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I'm not sure he can be called the 'number 1.' what kind of team pays A BACKUP RUNNING BACK 10M per year... just can't be that way...

SG should though get more snaps earlier though, instead of later. that way he'd be able to do what he was brought in to do; wear down the D early to allow CJ to rip some long runs.

in the end, the matchup should really determine the snap count for each RB, but i can see a 60/40 breakdown favoring the guy that matches up better and/or the guy that is playing better.

that leads me to my next point. i also have a huge problem with the way they take backs out when they are doing well and keep them in when they are not - that needs to be changed around EFFECTIVE NOW.

8. JCBRAVE

Well when he comes back obviously

I can't believe Im calling for Shonn Greene to be our No.1 RB, *** you CJ you overpaid brat!

#wow

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

CJ has played well besides last week. Which the Jets sold out to stop the run and dared Locker to beat them.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I only agree because CJ is killing my fantasy team. I can't believe I drafted this bum again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar