Enough with the pink penalty flags

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This might come off as insensitive but I sit in the lower level and was confused by player towels coming out during plays since they looked like the penalty flags. I can't imagine was it looked like from the upper levels.

I'm cool with all the pink (though I think it's a bit overdone) but let's go back to yellow flags.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I noticed the Raiders had yellow flags in their game last night.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Was it raining there? That was a big part of the issue since a lot of players were using the towels yesterday.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is not out of line. Three different TV crews that I saw complained about the pink flags yesterday. Said the exact same thing you did. That they confused the flags with the towels. Would not be surprised to see them gone shortly.

5. JCBRAVE

No it was clear

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

keep the towels pink for the awareness since more players will be wearing the towels but no reason to have the penalty flag be pink. I was confused multiple times, I thought there was a penalty on almost every play lol

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with you TJ. I support breast cancer awareness, but the pink is way overdone. I couldn't tell all game if it was a players towel or a flag.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not insensitive at all TJ. You don't have to make EVERYTHING pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness. The players aren't out there in pink jerseys are they?

That was clearly not a very well thought out decision by the league.

9. JCBRAVE

You guys not feeling all the pink?

[​IMG]

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The pink everything is stupid, imo.

And that's not being insensitive, it's being honest. I get it. It makes people feel warm that the NFL is doing SOMETHING about breast cancer... while doing absolutely NOTHING for breast cancer.

How about instead of this gimmicky pink stuff, they actually donate the money spent on it? Yeah, they auction a few gloves and cleats- but why not just donate it all?

Better yet... Why breast cancer... and why pink? I don't get this trend in general.

It's to "raise awareness", yes? Well...

1. Who in 2013 isn't aware of breast cancer?

2. If you weren't aware of breast cancer- would pink sh*t everywhere inform you of it? Nope. Nothing is ever actually informative about breast cancer during all of this. Just pink random things.

3. Why only breast cancer? There are 2 other leading cancer types and I don't see any gimmicky colors for them. What's the color for prostate cancer that kills more people? Lung cancer?

4. If the NFL wants to raise cancer awareness, why not the type of cancer that appeals to their demographic? Colon/Prostate cancer? Sure, a few women watch the NFL. But it's mostly men. Raising breast cancer awareness for dudes that are getting b-hole cancer unknowingly seems a bit... careless.

I don't know. It irks me.

And this has nothing to do with me being against support of awareness for cancer. I'm all for that. And all for doing anything to fight cancer.

But wtf does pink tell anyone other than "that sh*t looks tacky"?

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar