Enroll at Tennessee

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If I ever become rich enough, I will setup a football league that recruits from High School and have them play football on Saturdays. If the UFL was smart... this is what they would be doing instead of signing NFL hasbeens/neverwillbes. Make it an under 23 year old only league. I would also ban system offenses and only let the coachs run pro style offenses.

Seriously, what kid out of high school is going to turn down 50k a year and a chance to play in the NFL in 2 years? If the NFL doesn't work out, they will have plenty of money to go to school on by the end of their tenure.

Basketball recruits are getting smart. Why go to college when you can go play ball in Europe and still have just as good of a chance to play in the NBA and still make millions while you are in Europe?

The NCAA won't ever pay college kids because they don't have too. They have a monopoly. It's the same reason they won't ever change the BCS to a true playoff. They make too much money the way it is now.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hmm :greedy:, that could save the UFL actually. I was watching one of the UFL games with J. P. Losman and DeDe Dorsey, and there was no one hardly there.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Im really anxious to know "why" these kids did what they did. I'm sure the truth will never come out and they will get away with slaps on the wrists, just as most higher profile people with connections in this country do...

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jealous? Or stating the facts?

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's not that they needed to steal to survive. It's just a part of their culture. It's not new, Bernard King got caught breaking into UT and stealing TV's...

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I thought student athletes weren't allowed to have jobs? Isn't that part of the problem?

But yeah, no excuses for theses clowns. They rob someone on the strip, that's like a mile from Neyland and literally feet from "on campus". On top of that wearing something that says Ut Football. Amazing how dumb some people can be. I wish they would be kicked off the team and out of the university, but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Anyone catch Rome yesterday? I don't really like the guy but it was pretty funny piece about the robbery. Had an interview with a victim who was pretty much like, "press charges, nah this is UT, stuff happens, I want them to play ball". :ha:

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well you got your wish ..at least for Nu'keese and Edwards. Right decision for the program, I just wish it wasn't impact players that act like idiots. Hopefully Jackson will be able to remain on the team, maybe suspend him for the rest of the season and be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar