eric, benji, and nick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

your 1st and 2nd round picks arent usually drafted to play on the PS the first couple of years, we drafted Paul Williams and Chris Davis when we probably only needed one of those guys.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they wont be on the practice squad and both will contribute to some extent this year thanks to injuries that will probably happen at either WR or the return spots. depth is a good issue to have.

i disagree saying we only needed one of them. they both have very different skill sets. davis is a good slot receiver, while williams wouldn't stand a chance in that spot. if we have an injury on the outside im sure williams will be one of the first in line to replace the injured player, not davis.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chris Brown wasn't on the team when Henry was drafted and LenDale had his weight problems. Hindsight is 20/20 but we've seen one pre-season game where they have contributed. After Washington Henry was our starter according to some.

Rookies do have to adjust to the speed of the NFL. For some it takes longer than others.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Meh, I like the Henry pick. At first, I was like WTF??? But Henry seems to have a lot of passion for the game, and is a hard worker. He's raw, but his physical tools are undeniable. Chances are, with Brown and White being made of glass, we'll need Henry this season. Even if we don't, Brown has a one year contract. Let's not forget that him coming back to us was his last avenue. If he has a big season, he'll likely be looking for a big pay day, and it likely won't come from us. The only way I can see him staying on this team after this season is if he has an average season, because we also won't likely keep him if he plays poorly. I imagine this time next season, the second round Henry pick will be looking pretty good.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

good point(s)

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i dont mind the draft so much... i did at first... i think henry will be allright in the end... and the backup center we got is looking nice... thats 3 to me who will work out decently.

the thing that bothers me is the thought that bababooey brouoght up...

"We aren't even gauging our talent.. we're just assuming that the decision we made is right. [like not even TRYING Griffin at FS and Finny at CB2 at the same time to see if it forces errors"

thats exactly what i was trying to say with this thread but couldn't find the words.
    where do we get this assuredness... this confidence in our decision making?
    you would figure after the craptastic seasons we've been putting up lately that jeff would wanna try anything to improve rather than always playing the safe card and always coming up short.

i get the feeling that if we ever do win the big one, it will be because the roster was decided because of injuries. ...(among other things of course)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar