Eric Kendricks in 2nd?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theShoemaker, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

There are players who quit when the chips are down. They become part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Akeem Ayers might have been one of the "cancers" Delanie Walker spoke up about. Quitters could be perceived as cancerous Id say.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like the guy, I just can't see us spending such a high pick to take an ILB, especially with Brown and Williamson returning.

I am really hoping Ifo Ekpre-Olomu with his injury, falls to the 2nd. Would be a perfect complement to McCourty. A 1st round talent easy that could fall.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think if we stick with Brown/Williamson at ILB, we're going to be crying about our run D and ILB all next year. Williamson is good, not great and I still think Brown is better suited for OLB/nickle ILB.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I agree, I always thought Brown would be better at OLB with his speed, plus he's not bad at rushing the passer. You have a point, but I still maintain that with so many holes they're not going to go ILB so early.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think Brown would strive as a situational pass rusher/nickle LB. He would still get legit playing time, but likely wouldn't be a starter. Pickup a starting caliber OLB FA, draft an ILB in the 2nd (which gets you an ELITE ILB, hopefully). Next year:

OLB: FA, Morgan, Brown, 4th rounder
    ILB: Williamson, 2nd rounder, Gooden, Woodyard*

It's a start.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the problem with Brown going to OLB is that he is short (6'1) and isn't very good at taking on blockers. What he is good at is accelarating and running past people. So they move him to ILB to shoot the gaps that open up so he can attack running plays and run sideline to sideline. Only problem is, he free lances too much and doesn't have great instincts and when they run right at him...see - not great at taking on blockers.

I think Brown can be useful...especially in passing situations in coverage at ILB or pass rushing off the edge...but we don't know how effective he'll be as a fulltime ILB.

All the more reason to get a boatload of picks with a trade down if possible and a good deal.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

One of the mistakes teams make is that they get 1 pass rusher and are surprised when that guy isn't as good on the new team. Take a look at KC's D. Helping Houston out is Hali on the other side and Poe in the middle to collapse the pocket or prevent the QB from stepping up.

If we sign houston we better be still looking for another pass rusher. Sign Houston, draft LW and say Mauldin or Golden would be a great start!

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats what Ive been saying all year, we need to compliment Casey and others with another capable rusher to free them up.

Add another edge guy and instantly we're better.

10. theShoemaker

theShoemaker Starter

From what a lot of scouts and writers have been saying about Mariota's future in the NFL, I think it'll be a safe bet that if Tampa goes with a QB that Winston will be the first off the board. If that's the case I say go for Williams or if another team is as dumb as Washington a few years ago then pull the trigger on a trade like that.

I'm really curious do see how the draft combine plays out to see which player's stocks are rising and falling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar