Eric King

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Loved what he did at Houston in the forth quarter.

IDK.. i think this kid could come to play when we're defending against an offense in the red zone. I liked what I saw out of him in terms of reading the play, and his quickness and aggressiveness, and consistency in making the tackles on that one drive.

I certainly haven't seen enough from him to even think of pleading his case as a starter in place of Harper, but i think he's atleast earned the chance to be looked at again and considered when it comes to defending in tight spaces.

2. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

I am a bit confused, I was under the impression that Harper was better in the redzone, because he couldn't be beat over the top.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the redzone is no place to start experimenting with one of the best redzone defenses.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Harper is a great CB in the redzone.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

better than great....not hard to c y either...

...he has that ever important experience, sound tackler, very quick too...better zone coverage cbs generally play good in the redzone...zone's r smaller easier to cover...

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Awwww, I love Eric! That's all I have to add.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

"Thats what she said" - Michael Scott, The Office

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Even my girl that is stingy with compliments says good things about Eric.;)

And I've "heard" a Titans exec. talking about the need to sign him to a solid 3-5 year deal.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like King also. I was watching him close in the Rams preseason game, and liked how he plays. He played almost the whole game, including in the 1st.

But Harper is better in the redzone than in the open field, because he's not as fast as he used to be. Its easy for him to end up chasing the receiver, but in the RZ he can use his hips and cover skills to stay in front of receivers.

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar