Eric Moulds?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ryans..

Please do some research before taking a stand on something. Moulds is 3 1/2 years younger than mccardell but you prefer the 37 year old guy? He was more productive last year and by far more productive the last 2-3 years. Moulds had 9 more catches than drew bennett in 06.

Today's version of moulds is similar to keyshawn. He is now a possession receiver who i think can help us but no longer is he the big play guy he was with the bills. Moulds would be cheaper than keyshawn and brings a better attitude.

For the $2M it will likely take to get him here i say go for it.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

My bad. I dont do research.

I really didn't know Moulds's age so I shouldn't of said anything. I just went by what I knew from last year and I didn't hear a whole lot of Moulds on ESPN so yeah..

3. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Wow, Ryans..I just gained some respect for you. I like a guy who admits when he made a mistake.

As for Moulds, he's worth a look, but when I did see him play last year, he didn't look like he could separate anymore. Maybe he just had a down year.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unless someone hits the market in June, I would suspect the Titans will use mini-camps and possibly some of training camp to evaluate what they have instead of bringing in someone on the downside of their career.

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I think the new CBA allows teams to cut players now rather than waiting until June 1st, and they can still spread the cap hit, per the old June 1st rules. This was added so that such players could find a new team more quickly. As a result, we won't see as many actual June 1st cuts as we have in previous years. There's no longer a good reason for teams to wait on cutting a player.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's right

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Surely there will be some whittling down between now and then though?

Can the Pats really keep all those WR? How much do they have invested in their WR corps this year?

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

if we wanted a vet DE so bad, we woulda made an attempt at some of hthe ones out there.

after losing out on Stallworth and Keyshawn, i dont think were gonig to go after Moulds or any other reciever, there arent any good RB's out there, the best is probably the infamous Chris Brown, and it looks like hes been replaced. i dont think we will remove lamont until Pacman is back, so we can move griffin to Saftey, and clense the team of Lamont "Dirty" Thomson.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He's so old he's mouldy
    :insertdrumrollsmiliethatweneed....butthatlamejokemaynotdeserveit:

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Moulds would be a good pick-up IMO. Better than Keyshawn, of course youdidn't hear about him on ESPN and w/e else he played for Houston who sucked as an offense and Carr chucks it up for grabs to AJ whenever he's in trouble he just a year removed form a very good season in Buffalo.

He's younger and faster than Key and has no baggage. Anther positive is he won't cost as much and will be able to tutor guys like Key would have. I think he would be a nice fit I don't consider this guy bottom of the barrell. He's got 2-3 years left whoever said he doesn't. He's a sure handed target with good size I don't see anyone better dropping unless we trade.

Who cares if the DE or RB we bring in are Vet's I don't care if they've played for one season as long as they produce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar