Eric Winston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by J Falk, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

This beast of a right tackle just got cut by the Chiefs, adding to the already talented crop of RT's. Folks know by now that I'm down for moving Stewart over to RG, so I think adding this guy would be great. I remember hating this guy to death when he was a Texan. He was always so good, and he would be the main guy starting fights. I think I could forgive him if he came here and played the same way for us. I'm sure our FO isn't even considering something like this, but hey, it's the offseason. #exploringalloptions

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

haven't we played enough guys out of position on the line? All Stewart needs is a half decent guard, and poof, back to Pro-Bowl form

3. smili

smili Starter

He doesn't seem that expensive for a RT - was due 4.9mil this year. That's not bad for RT salary if we want to consider it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

No thanks, we need power inside. While Stewart is a mauler, hes needed at RT. Also i changed my mind on Andy Letivte or whatever. Hes not strong enough to help out the run game. We need some maulers inside for the guard position. Stewart sets the edge on the right, hes perfect where hes at and wouldnt make much sense to slide him to RG for a weaker ( Strength wise ) tackle.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Well if you watched any games this season you would know that Stewart is a horrible pass blocker..ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE...I don't think a good guard being beside him will make any difference on how slow he is trying to get his hands on a speed rusher...

6. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I would say any RT that wants to play here would be expected to play guard. I don't see why we would force our guys to move out of their comfort zone when they have played with us for years.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sure it would, think about it.

Lineman rules dictate that you have to block inside out, and having a lousy gaurd to your inside draws you away from the edge.

Simply replace a liability with a good guard and Stewart no longer has to worry about whats going on to his inside, he can focus solely on that speed rusher.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't agree more. Winston will go get paid, he was great last year. Chiefs are fools for cutting him.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I really wouldn't mind moving Stewart to RG if we sign a RT. Either way, it shores up the line IMO.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

That's what I was thinking, didn't the Texans think so highly of him that they had trouble letting him go because of needed cap space? Odd that he only lasted a season in KC. I wouldn't disagree with bringing him in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar