ESPN continues to trash the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Does ESPN do this to any other team? I will give you two examples within the past 24 hours.

Last night, I'm watching sportscenter before I'm heading out for the night... Low and behold.. I hear the anchor make the following statement:

ORLY!?

[​IMG]

Now, I understand that its entirely possible to make a mistake when reading the news. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, I'm coming home from lunch and on my 10 minute car ride from the office to the house, I hear Colin Cowherd (Who I usually am a big fan of)

Make the following statement (He said this about 20 mins ago, from the time of this post)

Colin, then went out of his way and decided kiss the arse of Peyton Manning and say that the reason he is so successful is because he surrounds himself with good influences.

I had to fact check this and so far, I can't find ANYTHING that suggests Pacman and VY are "Best Friends" as Colin Cowherd suggested. Is this true? I've followed the Titans closely since arriving in Nashville and I have never once heard Vince Young, or anyone else say that him and Pacman were/are best friends.

I have never understood how an entire network will disregard an entire organization (even when they were 10-0 last year, best record in the league, ESPN wouldn't concede that the Titans were the best team in the leauge according to power rankings)

Then..when they do talk about our team, it's almost blasphemy to bring up any stats about the fish, who has had 6 winning seasons and 2-5 in the playoffs since the last Superbowl appearance. Let me put my tin foil hat on.. I believe that ESPN wants the Titans to fail, so fisher will be fired, so they will hire him on as an analyst in the future. I'll take off my tin foil hat and leave the floor to you guys.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

ESPN doesn't have some kind of anti-Titans agenda. Come on, man. What could they possibly gain from that? Do you really think that the bigwigs as ESPN sit in a board room and decide how they can belittle the Titans?

These are just cases of ESPN making small (and insignificant) errors and ESPN personalities trying to say controversial things because it's their job to do so. This kind of stuff happens to every team.

Yeah, ESPN talks about big market teams more than the Titans. Can you blame them? They are a business and they are catering to their largest audiences.

ESPN (and every other network) does not have any kind of anti-Titans agenda. People need to stop making "OMG the Titans are so disrespected!" posts.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Toronto, I don't if you saw another post by me posted in the Smack Talk forum, but the Titans are in the top 10 as far as popularity goes

I see your point, but with Colins last statement... It's a flat out lie. I don't know anyone whos ever claimed that Vince Young and Pacman Jones are best friends. Show me where VY or Pacman said that each other are best friends. That kind of language is destructive to a business. It's damn near libel.

Let's say I owned a business and someone went on the radio or tv and said that my organization is best friends with people who exercise gross negligence and are responsible for others getting shot.

It would drive people away from my business.

Then... Right after statement is made... The same person states that the organizations competitor is better because they surround themselves with positive influences, then that person doesn't name one person who is actually positive.

I could easily say, "Peyton Manning is best friends with Marvin Harrison and MH shot someone therefore this connection defines Peyton Manning success."

Look, I understand small mistakes, but telling outright LiEs is whole nother issue.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

keith bulluck considered pacman a pretty good friend. he even called him his "little buddy". he's been pretty successful since...

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I never hear ESPN talking about the 49ers turn around, everyone I listen to including Colin has bashed Denver saying their season is a fluke and they will come down to Earth soon enough. I could go on and on...the Titans dont have a RIGHT to be talked about. Hell, honestly they're not that interesting. My friends who live in downtown Nashville dislike them greatly because they're so boring to watch. And, lets face it, ultimately it's a league meant to entertain.

Last year before the season, Ditka predicted us to win the Super Bowl...and halfway through the season his supporting cast was giving him props. Take off the homer glasses and understand there are 32 teams in this league, and we're one of the least interesting of all. Oh, and we're 2-6.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Excellent logic there Colin. :facepalm:

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We get dissed a lot. Agenda? I doubt it, but lack of respect? You bet, until we win a Lombardi.

Perhaps they meant Benson leads the league in carries, which I have no idea if he does or not.

What I really hate is reporters messing up very easy to remember facts. I can't list how many idiot reporters have said Chris Johnson "ran a 4.28 at the Combine." I mean, he's got the fastest electronic 40 time in history. How hard is it to remember "4.24?" Their job is to remember details. It just makes me think some of these fools aren't as interested in football as their profession would indicate. This goes largely for the reporters, but we all know there are plenty of ex-players who are idiots, too.

Anyway, that 4.28 vs 4.24 thing really gets me. Also, "He might be the fastest player in the NFL." Uhhh...who else is there? I mean, c'mon.

Idiots.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's not news that 99.9 of these pundits are ding dongs.. At 2-6 we have other things to whine about.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Is this one of the bozos that won the anchor position off that "become an ESPN anchor" reality shows???

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't mind our guys not getting love from the big networks, we seem to do better going unnoticed than when we're flying high. Just look at how far we fell from greatness this season. It was a long fall because we got so full of ourselves expecting teams to fall to us for no reason. A pissed off team is better than one that thinks things will just fall into their lap because ESPN says so. I always enjoy seeing the Titans make news, but whats there to report lately, you know Jeff leaves everyone out in the dark? I mean everyone is tired of Vince except for me it seems. So let them (ESPN) talk and make meaningless noise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar