ESPN Insider Titans Draft Guide

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by acqua7, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Enjoy?

I'm not sure why they think Fitzpatrick has a chance to start this season or why they don't list CB as a need

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

part 2

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have a hard time taking them seriously if they do not see CB as a need.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yawwnn.....I can't believe people pay money to read those articles....

Seriously, this forum analyzes the team better than those so called 'insiders' same with MCM forum as well...

Tell me something I don't know... An inside scope from the FO or some inside source, idn, anything not obvious to even the common fan...

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

"They need a pass-rusher with a little "fear factor" to him". I couldn't agree more with this, we need to get a "feared" defensive lineman.

As The Hammer said, they didn't list CB... so obviously they have no idea what they're talking about. Just another article on national media views of the Titans, without actually looking deeper into the team.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

They said we needed to add depth at the corner position as an additional goal!

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we draft Barkevious Mingo I will cry.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We don't need depth at corner, we need a starter.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I don't know if I look at it as a 'need' per say, b/c I'm a really big fan of both ATV and JMAC and I think they are both very good players. I also think they can be much better if we improve our overall team.

People might have forgot some things last year, let me refresh ya'll:
    1. No S Help - SOOOO MANY TIMES serious completions were made when responsibilities shifted from CB to S.
    2. No Pass rush - a lot of times QBs were strait 'chillin' under center, that can't happen.
    3. Jerry's Scheme - The above two points also relate to scheme - Jerry told our S to play the Hail Mary roughly 75% of the time... And Jerry was very boring with regards to attacking the QB creatively with the front 7...
    4. Palmer - that guy was just awful... did he not study the unit before making the offense, I mean c'mon, hardly catered to the strength of any player.
      • He had Jake sitting in the pocket.
      • He had Cook running hook's 80% of the time he was on the field, instead of streaking/slants.... And the offense threw like 99% if not a 100% of the time Cook was on the field...
      • O-line blocking on run plays was very basic, no stunts, barely pulling G's, very little misdirection.... Just flat out boring play design
      • He had way to many 'options' and things for Jake/WRs to read/react
      • FB - took him about half a season to realize CJ runs better with a FB in front of him
      • He didn't give players who actually performed a chance to roll - namely DAMIAN WILLIAMS. I'm serious here, that guy came on the field very little and was featured even less. But almost every time he was featured as the 1st or 2nd read, he made a play. Then the very next play, he'd take him off. KEEP HIM ON THE DAMN FIELD!!!
      • All that made for an abysmal/garbage offense - Our D was on the field for SO DAMN MUCH, it was disgusting... I actually blame our offense much more then our D overall, I mean just look how much we are paying them as a unit..
      5. Jake - alas, we can't forget about him. that guy was so inaccurate, that dude better improve. He couldn't actually hit sh*t last year. That inaccuracy better be attributed to injury or an overly complicated offense b/c if he is that bad again, I won't want him in there by week 4....
    I'm serious, i actually really like ATV/JMAC and I re-watched almost every game, they are good CBs guys. We just need to play better and I think you'll all see that. Not sold on Coty yet, but he was serviceable and I look for him to improve in year 2.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

That is not our biggest need by far! That might be number 4 on our list of needs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar