ESPN McShay Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Lol at everyone thinking CJ Mosely is a top-ten pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titanswinnow

titanswinnow Special Teams Standout

In every mock draft I have seen he is in the top ten or right on the edge. Its still early but he is a smart player and his preformance in the combine will either solidify him in the top ten or he will fall out of all top ten talk.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I just don't see him make many impact plays. He seems a little overrated because he's a starting mlb for Alabama.

And I asked this in another thread. Who has come from Alabama under Saban and lived up to their draft status? Julio Jones aaaaand that's it. The defenders have been especially awful.

4. titanswinnow

titanswinnow Special Teams Standout

Im not sure I can argue with that, but I looked up Alabama players in the NFL there are 35 of them and around 2/3 of that are players on the D end. I only counted 11 O players.... http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090313aab.html

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

of we lose out last two its possible we draft top 5 maybe even 3rd

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I know you guys talking all about the o-line and finishing the whole thing but honestly we invested heavily this offseason in it and I think we need to draft more PLAYMAKERS, someone who can make a difference at QB, LB, or DLine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Don't have to worry about that now. Great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Totally agree but we should draft based on what value is available. If we can get a quality pass rusher or another DT that can play like Casey we should obviously jump all over that guy.

As for LB I can't see any LB that early being the kind of guy that would be a difference maker unless it is an OLB hybrid rush guy who can get after the QB like Mingo was coming out last season. Mack and Barr are those kind of players. Also gives us another OLB along with Ayers if we wanted to transition to a 3-4.

Hard to say if there is going to be a QB worth taking where we pick. Considering the situation with Locker obviosuly being around one more season it would have to be a guy they are really high on to use an early pick. Mettenburger later in the draft might be a reasonable choice. His ACL might actually be a blessing because he won't get drafted as early.

Mettenberger is 6'5, 235 pounds and some projected him to be a 1st round pick. If he is still available for us in the 2nd I think we should take him. His ACL can heal while Locker attempts his 4th season. Even if Locker shines and becomes the franchise we can still get that pick back in a trade for Mettenberger later if he proves in a few years he can play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar