ESPN NFL Nation Mock Draft Special

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 8isGreat, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And that is probably the position where depth is most important. Teams never seem to have enough good CBs.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Need 3 that can start, and a 4th in case of injuries

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Exactly!

And even though a 3rd may play a lot they will always leave in FA to be a starter. So you have to constantly be developing guys. Which is why teams should try and take at least one CB in each draft.

In addition, CBs are key for special teams coverage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I have too many nightmares of the pass rush we had last year and us basically hitting Luck while he threw it up for grabs only to watch our lost DBs watch their receivers go get it.

We need some elite talent in the backfield to not let that happen any more if we ever plan to beat Indy or anybody else for that matter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Is it possible that bc of Dick's system, any CB is going to get singled out and look subpar until we get better at getting to the QB faster? I just feel like bc he leaves them on an island that adding Jonathan Allen to the line or Reuben Foster to the inside would help more than adding Marshon Lattimore to the outside. Not that we don't need to bolster the corners, but I'd rather see us get Allen or Foster then go CB with both 3rds, or one of them and the Brown's 2nd we get in this trade, since this draft is so deep at DB.

6. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Well I mean, as you increase the pass rush you increase your CBs skill. If we had a pass rush that was devoid of constraints of space-time, and could instantly sack the QB as the play was snapped...I don't think we would need good CBs lol.

In all seriousness though our pass rush is one of the better ones in the league, yet we still ranked near dead last in pass defense. You can see what goes on by looking at a lot of breakdowns and just watching the games. It's not DL's system per say, it's a lack of quality man coverage corners and a safety in the center that can stop blitz plays to the middle.

If anything I think DL makes his corners look better. A lot of the corners in Pittsburgh to me were pretty average but overplayed with DL. Problem is Cox is awful, and McCourty is a deteriorating from above-average zone corner. Ryan is an upgrade over both guys, but he's going to be far from the #1 corner we need on this team.

That's why I want Marshon. There's the injury risk, but outside of that he is the most talented corner since Patrick Peterson in a draft in my opinion. What that could do for us is more impactful than probably any other player in this draft. I want the Patriots to stop scoring 40 points a game on us. I want to beat them and advance to a Super Bowl, and then I want to know we can not allow a Ryan, Brees, or Rodgers to impose their will and beat them too and finally get us a Lombardi trophy.

I can't see that happening with the current state of our secondary and adding a third rounder like Cam Sutton probably won't give us the edge we need.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'd be very angry is we took Williams with Davis still being on the board. I think he's the much better package. And I'm not really interested in Allen, I would rather Foster or DB. Our DL is solid and pretty young, I'd rather not spend 5th overall on that group when you can get a stud DB/ILB.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

Jalen Ramsey?

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment.

9. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Nah, and I love Jalen Ramsey, but I feel Marshon has more raw talent.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

JR agrees with me, awe yeah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar