ESPN ranks Titan's O-Line 17th?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by brianmaxwell, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianmaxwell

brianmaxwell Guest

The Saints, Eagles, Bucs, Jets, Bengals and Cardinals all have better offensive lines that the Titans according to ESPN.
    The Bucs? The Cardinals?!?!?!?!?! I am putting the link at the bottom of the post to honor ESPN thinking that the Titans have bargain basement talent.

Sometimes I just flat hate ESPN. Just because we are in a small media market doesn't mean we suck. It is the same thing every year and I am sick of it. We could start the season 6-0 and we will get about 2 minutes from ESPN on how we are still too young and won't hold up against the rest of the league. The only time you can see a Titan highlight is if they are praising the Colts or showing footage of that jerk Pacman Jones. Yeah I said it, PACMAN!

Sorry if my frustrations have turned me into a babbling idiot but you have to admit that lumping in a shot at Jones was fabulous.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=3447747

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's pretty bad, but then again, I question our line in some ways. Mawae had some snap issues last season that worried me that he's losing it a little, and we are replacing BOTH of our guards. It's hard to predict how the group will come together.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i hate espn in a lot of different ways

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

according to espn the texans still have the worst line in the afcs.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We have 0 players worth of being on ESPN, which has a primary goal of showing exciting teams/plays. The only way we have a shot is the infamous Berman sound clip when Lendale runs up the middle for 3 yards - "Bo,Bo,BoBo."

And, yea they showed Pacman because he was the ONLY player deserving of a highlight reel aside from a few rookie season Vince RUNS (not passes). If we are going to choose the ball control Fisherball, we will have to live with not being on ESPN.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

And Schaub will be riding the bench like in our last two meetings. I can't wait for KVB, The Freak, and Big Al to blow that line up. I feel for chris brown.:gag:

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

It seems that a team that is over .500 more seasons than not should still get there fair share of attention. As long as espn treats us this way we will always be a small market organization. Bet theres kids everywhere jumping on the pats bandwagon.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

seeing chris brown run vs. ten. is going to be hilarious. He's going to get pancaked. I just know i'm going to be laughing my *** off as he's helped off the field. I can't wait to know what a key fumble by chris brown feels like.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If you were an unbiased sports fan who had never kept up with the NFL, and you decided you were going to pick out your team, who would you take? Obviously we are all homers, but assuming it's some kid in North Dakota with no home team, who ya take? I would say that less than 1% would take the Titans.

Sure, they win close to the number of games they lose, but are not exciting to watch. I don't mind it, but I think the fans that go to games have sure seen a slipoff in attendance...even though we are winning. It is a game, and supposed to offer entertainment. Unfortunately, very few people are entertained watching the Titans play.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

In a game of entertainment, I think I would want to watch a team that sets offensive passing and receiving records, with a defense just as good as ours. 50 passing td's vs 9. Which sounds more exciting?

The Texans had 2 players with as many or more passing TD's as Vince. And, I'd rather not spark another conversation regarding how "efficient" Vince was.

I don't get it either, we should have fans and ESPN flocking to show us off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar