ESPN says Titans Biggest LOSERS!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans2871, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

jeff fisher said on nfl network that a lot of teams called after the pick to tell them that they were mad that they took their pick. (meaning, other teams were gunning for him)....i don't get it, but thats how it is

2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

ECU Fans--how much time did CJ spend playing WR--just curious as WR is by far our biggest need and several are saying that CJ can play WR fulltime. I watched several ECU games and rarely remember him splitting out wide.

And I like him on the roster-I just think #24 was way to high. He would have been available much later from what I have read.

3. Pir8Fanman

Pir8Fanman Guest

Cj

Chris was not going to be around. In fact he was close to gone twice before you guys got him. He may have lasted 4more picks at most. They can't pass on 4.24 speed with hands and his reputation for hard work. He had 5 teams on him hard.

Chris was never a WR at ECU. That being said last year we had a 2 QB system and we did spread him out as a slot back per say. When the pocket guy was QB he was a standard RB. When our "running" QB was in they did move him to the slot someimes. He mostly was used as a short slant guy or a screen pass guy for passes. Make no mistakje he will hit a small hole in the line too! If he makes it past the line I have never seen better!

I can tell you this. V Young makes the LB stay home. Now you have a guy that can run in space as well as I have EVER seen. He will make the first guy miss and then it's off to the races. When I saw TN took him the first thing I said was "WOW, how are teams going to cover him and Young." If you run a 2 RB play with White man I just don't see teams being able to stop you. I am serious.

He burned some of the guys the last 2 years that were taken in the first round. I mean ran right at them and BOOM they missed. 2 of them were taken before Chris!

Rest easy he makes you better I am sure of it!

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That's comforting. I'm just mad that we wasted a pick on Chris Henry last year.

5. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I don't profess to know how to do these guys in the scouting/FO of the Titans but I know in my professional career if I pulled these apparently risky moves as the Tians did over the last two days in the draft I would expect to my superiors/directors to be questioning my compentance.PFW sums up my feelings:

Hayes worked out very well at his pro day, clocking in the low 4.7s at 6-3 and 260 pounds. The Titans majorly reached again on a player that they likely could have signed after the draft. GM Mike Reinfeldt, or whomever he is entrusting to make decisions, clearly does not understand the meaning of value.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They should have consulted galarils draft board.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That is the only reason I do not like the Chris Johnson pick. We've wasted a lot of early picks (and one could have been Hester - damn Norm Chow -) on Running Backs instead of positions.

I like Johnson as a player, I'd be fine with it if we didn't draft White or Henry, but that's 3 top picks on a position with one starter.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Devin Hester is nothing without the blocking for him, and we don't have that. We've got plenty guys that can run a straight line fast like Hester. (ours can actually play a real position though)

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Here we go again. Another ridiculous comment that Hester does what he does because of superior blocking. Does the lunacy ever end?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, but then it would be boring without it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar