ESPN: Titans 2010 Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Good enough read. The fabulous five part was probably the most accurate and informed. The division finishing picks I thought were pretty bad, however, more ESPN surface-level understanding of a team that isn't from the northeast and #1 in the TV market. One thing that both parts got right was the importance of Michael Griffin. He is going to be very unfortunately vital this year I'm afraid.

2. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

There is no way in hell Griffin makes that list and VY isnt on it! You think Griffin is gonna be vital? Thats a laugh. Griffin by far should be the biggest liability on this team.

If this preseason has not shown you that the Griffin we saw last year (the idiot falling for pump fakes and leaving his zone uncovered to apparently go help out on runs stuffed in the backfield, the same Griffin who cant tackle low to save his arse, or stop any one in the secondary without grabbing for shoulder pads or trying to ride them out of bounds is the same Griffin you will get this year.

I love the titans, but when there is a hole and a huge problem like griffin i gotta call it as i see it.

That man needs to send part of his paycheck to Albert Haynesworth, he is just another millionaire that made money off his back...

I honestly hope that i am wrong, but common sense tells me i am right.

And i am going to be attacked for being this blunt, but in about 4-6 games it will quickly become clear that he just might be the worst safety in all of the AFC south.

Our dline better be better than advertised or its gonna be a really long season.

3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I should have been more clear. I meant he would be vital FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE. He will be a huge linchpin in either our failure OR success. In other words, I believe more depends on him than should depend on him for our team, and that is one of the few points I agree with in the article. Believe me, I am no fan of Griffin as I expect 97% of this board is not. If he fails, who comes to his place for us? He is a deciding factor in our final record whether he does well or poorly, that is indisputable. I agree, Liability should be his middle name at this point, if not sooner.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

funny how one year can change everything. A year ago griffin was considered as an all pro safety with 7 pics and everyone was on his bandwagon, now they are callin for his head (hmmm sounds like vince all over again) and maybe he'll prove them wrong again!!! Griffin had one off year, ill give him this year before i make my final judgment. One things for sure, hes a heck of a lot better then lamont thompson was!!!!

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^I gotta agree with you.

I think our defense will be solid.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Am I the only one who expects Griffin to regain form? He used to be a baller.

7. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

I cant say i fall in the category of people who ever thought Griffin was a legit pro bowler. I dont remember which game it was, (might have been against the jags) in 2007 (be gentle with me folks, i am free lancing my titans history here),
    he hit some one and got concussed.

From that day on, I only saw a total for a safety. He became one of the softest safeties in the league and started that high tackling nonsense (i am a rugby player so when i see some one tackling high, it really infuriates me) It is after this time he started that bull chit of riding people out of bounds while letting them gain ridiculous yardage.

From what i gather, its true that Griffin has had a bad injury that limited his play. Apparently he underwent major surgery that required a large number of pins in his scapular. Now i am not a med grad or anything, but isnt it weird that Titans had a player on the team with such a major injury playing through out the year? Shouldnt he have gotten this injury looked at during the season? Titans would have to be complicit in the cover up of the Griffin injury and forcing an injured player on the field. Am I the only one befuddled by the curious case of the Griffin injury?

May be I am wrong, (that would only mean one thing and you wont like it)

That Michael Griffin is indeed the dumbest safety in the league we saw last year. Falling for pump fakes time and time again, losing receivers in coverage, constantly being caught out of position, failing to tackle MJD twice on some rather ridiculous 80 yard runs (that goes to his pathetic tackling technique)
    Seriously, Griffin is as dumb as a dog. You know when you fake out your dog with his favorite chew toy, and he falls for the fake every single freaking time?

Seriously at what point does and NFL safety decide, "you know what, i have given up too many big plays, may be i should let teams beat me underneath but i am not falling for draws, action plays, pump fakes etc?

does he know that his roll as a safety is to primarily clean up break downs in defense? For example a CB is beaten on a play, its his role to clean that up! It is not his job to play CB. Let the CB get beat, but clean up and stop the play, keep everything in front of you.

This also goes back to the DB coaches that I have riled against before. We have some of the worst coaches that cant even seem to drill it into one of the worst secondaries in the league to wrap up, make tackles and not fall for stupid fakes!

Ok may be your CBS fail to do this, but they fail to do the same for the safeties? are you kidding me?

Our corner backs simply dont know how to jam receivers at the line, they never do this, they are terrible at it. Do our cb coaches not know how valuable it is to do this, its freakin legal. It throws off their timing, messes up their fakes..

I could go on and on about coaching issues, but this is about Griffin.

I would love to be wrong. But my eyes do not deceive me when I see Griffin stupid enough to fall for a play action fake leave his zone unmarked and letting a receiver get in behind him, at the goal line!

And this against a CArdinal's team that was averaging like 2 freaking yards a carry and our defensive line was completely owning them..

But there he was, Griffin, like that stupid dog, getting sucked in yet again on a play action fake!!!:hmm:

Does any one really think you will see a different Griffin?

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hey, at least we don't have Reggie Nelson.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

2009 showed us that every member of our DB squad was highly overrated. Finnegan got a bit of a pass because he was injured for part of the season, but he was still exposed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar