ESPN's Clayton givin titans some love...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

"Q: Why is ESPN like The Weather Channel, and we do not see a lot of stories or comments (good or bad) about the Titans? It's not our fault that we are dubbed a "small-media market." I mean after all we did finish last year with an NFL-best 13-3 record. I know the Titans don't have what most would consider a premium draft, but what would you say about the '09 Titans and their draft and why does ESPN snub them like they do?

From Brad in Nashville

A: I feel your pain. You're right, the Titans aren't getting much love. I remember going to their training camp two years ago and coming out saying that this is a playoff team. They responded by going to the playoffs. I went to camp last year and came out saying they were better. They made the playoffs again. Until they advance further in the playoffs, though, they aren't going to be on the national radar. That's not fair, but it's reality. I'm glad they are back in the playoff picture because Jeff Fisher is one of the best coaches in the league and the stadium is one of the best places to see a game. Welcome back, Nashville."

bottom line....we dont got any hardware...thats serious. and i love fish...he is one of the best....at least in my opinion and apparently clayton's too. however, he will never be up there until he gets a title. i mean how good would it be if he was 'the longest tenure coach to not win a superbowl'.....

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

John Clayton is so hot right now

3. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well maybe we would have some hardware if the NFL would hire a decent officiating crew.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

....or if we didnt fumble 2 times inside the 20....or was it 3...

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Exactly. The officiating was deplorable this year...for every team not just us.

It reminded me of the horrible officiating in the Pitt/Seattle super bowl a few years ago, except it was throughout the whole season.

When the clock goes down to zero and the ball has not been snapped, that's delay of game.

He hit the nail right on the head.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hate the Ravens. They clearly intentionally injured Chris Johnson. They cheat, they suck. I hope they miss the playoffs so everyone will shut up about Joe sack-o- Flaco he's a scrub (nothing personal man, your a Ratbird) sorry. That is why we have no hardware. We were 13-3 because we beat everyone we wanted to. I'm pumped to get to beat the Squealer Steelers week 1. I guess we should try and forget last year and move forwards, but they CHEATED!!!

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Right, essentially what he said was you're not going to get any love until you win a Super Bowl (or at least show up at a few conference championship games again), because unfortunately that's just the way it works with the media and teams in this league

Good guy though and good write-up

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This will be a non-issue after The Titans humiliate the "world champions" on their turf - week one.. It will be "all-Titans all the time" on ESPN after that.
    Count on it...

[​IMG]

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Which is worse, them cheating like that or the inept, retarded officials that just stood there like a deer in headlights not doing a damn thing?
    Was it Ray Ray that was helping Reed bend CJ the wrong way or someone else?
    Both of those guys should have been ejected from the game right then and there.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If that happens, what I'll count on are excuses like this:

-Big Ben was having a bad day
    -Pitts O line is still suspect
    -our secondary took cheap shots
    -Mawae was holding most of the game
    -our D line took cheap shots on Big Ben

Feel free to be creative and come up with some of your own!! :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar