ESPN's Clayton givin titans some love...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

This...
    You're way into 2009 regular season (is how I interpreted it)?

2009 regular season hasn't started yet. You must've taken a time machine to September and didn't invite any of us.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good grief..
    It was a joke. Last season was last season. No time machines necessary.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Oh please. "The refs, the refs!"

The NFL reviews every call and grades every official strenuously. It's impossible for an official to get 100% of the calls right, and they're surprisingly close. We've seen a few games in the last 2-3 years where a bad call has come on a particularly important play, and that's getting a lot of people up in arms. Do you have a solution to make refs more accurate?

We're nowhere near the problems that the NBA has with rule enforcement.

Quit complaining, we had TONs of opportunities to win that game.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I know it was a joke. And I added a joke onto it.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

1. the last 2-3 years is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. It's as if the refs saw the Pitt/Sea SB and said, 'hey, let's model our officiating after that'.
    2. There have been more than a 'few' games that have had appalling officiating...once again every team not just us.
    3. I do have a solution to make refs more accurate, but it would involve a lot more game stoppage (i.e. review every questionable play/call) and the money/decision makers would never go for the extra time.

[​IMG]
    I've stated three times already that I'm not blaming the officiating in that game for the reason we lost. This is the fourth.
    That said, the officiating in that game was horrible.
    Do you or do you not agree that Reed should have been ejected for that unsportsmanlike conduct that was so flagrant that everyone but the refs saw?
    Do you think Flacco should have been called for delay of game when the clock was at 0 for almost a full second?
    Yeah, refs do miss a minute call here and there, but the blatant ones, like Reed and Flacco are just inexcusable.
    Hoculi, while an otherwise good ref, should have gotten suspended for at least a game because of his mess up in the D/SD game.
    Example, I've been fairly law abiding my whole life. Yet I make mistakes. Do you think I should get a reprieve if make the mistake of drinking too much, getting into my car and hitting and killing someone? I mean, we all make mistakes, right?

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Exactly you guys try to pawn it off that we should have still won the game but if theres enough bad calls going one way its not going to happen regardless. You say ughh well we shouldn't have coughed up the **** ball three times well you know what the refs should have called the dog, the personal foul on reed, shouldn't have called the personal foul on harris. You can take it either way refs should be fined as well maybe they would pay a little bit more attention to detail. If the dog was called ravens lose sorry but true.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's okay guys. Next time the Ravens are cheating on our homefield, I'll go streaking. Their whole defense will be distracted because they're all homos.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The reason no one pays attention to you saying that you aren't blaming the officiating is that you keep complaining about it. You also say that you have a solution, but that it would involve too much stoppage. Well, you're just complaining, and not offering anything better...

So basically, you're saying that this is UNACCEPTABLE?

The ref-ing hasn't changed in the last few seasons. Statistically, the refs aren't messing up more than they always have, a few high profile cases have just made people notice it more. Also, it's a very low number of cases (I believe it's less than 5%). There are roughly 160 snaps every game, all of which involve a split second determination about something, sometimes something very complex. It's not like the NFL rules are all simple.

You analogy about making mistakes and getting away with it is UNACCEPTABLE. Laws are actually set up to set the balance between what we can do, what we can't, and how we determine how much someone "gets away" with something. If you don't have a prior record, you can do a number of things without going to jail, as a first offense. The NFL monitors the mistakes that refs make, and they're graded according to them. Hochuli was downgraded for his call. If he wasn't so consistent, he could have been taken out of the NFL rotation.

It's a complicated system, there isn't an easy solution. Complaining about it without suggestion does no one any good.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Solution:

All refs shall face firing squad!

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"Clayton is so hot right now"

"so 2008"

[​IMG]

Bruno fever is already spreading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar