ESPN's Clayton givin titans some love...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

When you get to the point that you're posting 10 posts in two pages on a thread, including bolding words, angry faces, and physical threats, I'd say you've gone beyond making matter of fact statements. Also, you never really made a suggestion, you just vaguely alluded that you had one, but it would involve too much game stoppage. I didn't tell you your idea wouldn't work, you did. I promoted the current system.

As I've said to you before, if you want to resort to making things personal with attacks on mental capacity or whatever other name calling you want to do, take it to smack or somewhere else.

My point is that the current system does address refs who make bad calls. I'm glad that we agree that this isn't pee wee football, that's why we have refs who have been training for 20 years to do what they do. If you think that the refs that we have aren't qualified, or aren't doing their best, I don't know how to discuss this with you.

Yes, you've got it right, I think we should "bow down and kiss their bottoms" when they make a mistake. You're clearly listening and understanding my argument.

Most players and coaches accept the fact that mistakes are made, and when they are, you have to do your best to overcome them.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Which one of the following did the TItans have control of:

1. CJ getting injured

2. Crappy calls

3. Hang on to the damn ball and win the game

3. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

This. Bad calls will ALWAYS happen. The league does what it can. Get highly qualified referees and then rate them on their performances. The rating system rewards the good refs and downgrades the bad ones so the league can keep the top ref'ing talent in the league and working the important games.

The other poster's argument of "These guys get millions of dollars" is rather childish, IMO, not to mention completely false.

http://www.job-employment-guide.com/nfl-referee-salary.html

http://www.askmen.com/sports/business_60/77b_sports_business.html

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Your statement would have been right on the money. However since you failed to read my post and made your snap reactive post, yours is false.
    I said that the PLAYERS make millions of dollars on average. And the people who pay those players millions of dollars on average expect a narrow margin for error. Why shouldn't the refs be held to that same standard?

It got posted 10 times because dense guys like you keep accusing me of whining when I was just making a statment...the first time.
    If you keep responding to my posts, I will do the same. If you don't want me to respond anymore, then don't even reply to this, K? We can do this all damn day if you want if you are dead set on getting the last word in. I've said what I have to say. If you would just be quiet about it already, there won't be anything more.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I keep responding because I disagree with you. I have no problem with you responding, I just wish you could stick to the issue. However, if you're going to ignore the actual arguments and just start namecalling and talking about getting the last word in, then we don't have to keep going.

If you're going to respond, respond to the basic premise, that the NFL already has a system in place to address problems with bad calls, that they don't happen that often, that some will always happen, and that there isn't a good solution that makes the system much better.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

All of them!!!

1. When they made a dirty play on CJ, we should've gone Ben Hartsock on their :grrr::grrr::grrr:!

2. When the refs made crappy calls we could have outbid the Ravens by putting a little extra cash in their pockets... The Ravens did it, so it's fair game!

3. Stick 'em.

:)

7. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Classic..The Professor is legit..

-MaxPayne2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar