Espn's "On the Clock" - March 30th - Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ginn....no!

If it is a return man you want then ginn is your man. Best return man in the draft. But WR? He is not even 10th best.

Game breaker? Then why in an offense with the nations best QB and a host of other fine players did ginn only average 13.2 yards per catch? 59 catches, 781 yards.
    How stupid that the so called experts keep thinking this is the guy who will stretch the field when in that offense with that QB he didn't do it.

Once again we have a slot WR, who despite great speed is still just an ordinary guy.

Think courtney roby folks or if you wish a more finished product kevin curtis. Ginn is estimated to be a 4.35 man in the 40. Well curtis and roby both were second in their respected combines with 40 times not unlike that. Roby ran a 4.36 in his combine and curtis a 4.39.

Size? Roby is 6'0 189, curtis 5'11 189, ginn 5'11 178.

Ginn averaged 55 catches in his 2 years as a starter at ohio state.
    Roby averaged 56 catches a year in his 3 years at indiana. Roby holds the school record for catches and yards.

Again is it a WR we need or a return man?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

3. hey gunny instead of trying to be a smartelect all the time, why dont u actually put something into the conversation, and for this one give some options as to who u would rather have instead of ginn

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

1. smartelect? go to school.

2. I wasn't trying to be one.

3. A WR/KR is not the only option we have. It isnt about who I'd rather have, it is that we can get a Returner (if even needed) later on. Not all good returners are first rounders.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

I have the same complaint about you. You are a smartarse much of the time.

Given that you responded to a poster named "titan kid" maybe you could be less of a jerk about the spelling of a word. :moon2:

I do agree with you about ginn though..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The video is weak...

3 guys jawing about pacman half the time and only kiper came up with an actual name of who we should draft. Adam carriker. It's called on the clock but not one time did mort or woodson offer any real insight into who the titans should draft.

Kiper's attitude was that we had a major need at DE and a player who can fill that need should be there. I agree with kiper that's a good pick for us there.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, you'd think when the issue of Jones came up, you might have heard a Darrelle Revis or Chris Houston mention
    I'm sure Willis or Nelson isn't even on their lists

I agree Carriker could be the pick - but thats only if he's there, and until recently, Carriker is already off most boards.

throw some more options in there

Anderson / Carriker
    Hall / Revis / Houston
    Nelson / Griffin
    Bowe / Jarrett / Meacham

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Puck...

I think you summed it up pretty good. There are maybe 12 players that we could potentially take. Moss might also be on that list among DEs and willis or lynch would be wild card picks. Not an easy call but of those 12-13 guys they would be considering a couple would be written off for some reason or another and a few will be gone by the 19th pick.

I think corner is the least likely way i would go in rd one. Now that we signed nick harper and there is still hope that we can sign another player before or after the draft. The corners are deep and we can get a bennett or mccauley in rd 2.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't really care about what you think about me or whether I am a smart *** most of the time.

I wasn't responding to him, nor was it a smart *** remark.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So Pacman of you... :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar