ESPN's

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GoTitans3801, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Anyone with ESPN insider want to post whatever Scout's, Inc said about the AFC South free agents in their article today? It's the front NFL page on espn.com right now... Just curious...

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Sorry. I don't think it does.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

FYI, posting complete articles (especially from member-only sources) is against the rules of this forum.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it's ok, most of us read it anyway. :brow:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Copyright, I believe, is going to change dramatically over the next 10-15 years. It no doubt serves an interest. But seems outdated in my opinion, and a real limit to progress in the world as it exists now. People like Charles Dickens have had real battles over copyright their whole life. And it is only natural to protect your own financial interest, but I often think that people who copyright forget that every idea they've ever had came from somewhere. There are so few copyrighted materials that are truly unique. If there are any at all. Authors, more than ever, are getting a real shock because of the plaigerism software that is out there now. It makes writing a truly great story near impossible. And it seems to me that copyright is limiting in that way. Every good idea needs a template to work off. And I think that soon people are going to get nearer that conclusion than ever before. But it will take a prominant leader and new legislation to get the people over that hump. Cause right now nobody is. With all the technology we have today, there are other ways to profit from ideas and inventions than to take ownership of them. I think the idea of copyright is one of those things that will eventually change, tho' right now, I'd say that 95% of people would argue that copyright is important, and would want their material copyrighted. And no doubt, because of that percentage, they are in the right. As far as those who infringe on it, I would say that number is nearing 80-90% as well. It's one of those things I think that will hit a breaking point in much the same way that abortion did. Eventually. I can see both sides of it, and no doubt will continue to copyright my material as well, but it is an interesting thing to me in that I think it is at a breaking point.

7. GoTitans3801

TJ, sorry, meant for someone to give a summary, to see if it was anything we hadn't already been hearing, wasn't looking for a text copy. I'll be more specific next time.

Phi, while you might be right that a lot of personal opinions on copyrights are changing, I don't think we're really looking towards doing away with protections anytime soon. The legal field that is probably growing the most right now is intellectual property law. It's not to break it down, but to provide further definitions and protections. We've just seen the music industry's first steps in response to file sharing with the new buy-online services. But I think that's just part of the adaptation and we're certainly not getting rid of our basic ideas of intellectual property protection any time soon.

8. GoTitans3801

Also, I'd have to say that Dickens' copyright issues didn't really start until well after his death... at least not on nearly the same scale...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar