Eventual NFL Division Realignment.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Back in the day Pittsburgh and Cleveland had an epic rivalry going on but that cooled down in the last decade as the Browns haven't been able to put together a winning team like the Steelers have done consistently.The Baltimore Ravens sort of took over that role as the Steelers arch rival.

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Rams and Niners pretty much dominated the old NFC West.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I started watching football as a kid in the mid 1980's and i always remember Neil Lomax being a pretty good quarterback and they had Anderson at running back but they just couldn't seem to get a winning team going.

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

LOL......Cards had some pretty decent teams in the 60's-70's fighting it out with the old guard NFL. Once Bidwell moved them, they kinda became a also ran.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Most people here if your old enough to remember is before Brett Favre came along Green Bay pretty much sucked through the entire 1970's and 1980's.Yeah they went to the first couple Super Bowls in the late 60's but after Lombardi they were toast for many years.If you remember the Minnesota Vikings just dominated the old NFC Central pretty much the entire 1970's but were the Buffalo Bills of the 70's losing four Super Bowls.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

They absolutely never had any defense...even in the mid 70s, with Jim Hart, Jim Otis, Terry Metcalf, Dan Dierdorf, Conrad Dobler, Mel Gray et.al they could not get past one and done in the post season. Just couldn't stop anybody, ever.

In the 80s Lomax/Anderson/Roy Green could move the ball all over the field, but just could not keep up with the other team normally.

End of memory lane for me here I guess.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I first got into football when my father asked me if i wanted to try out as a ten year old back in '84.Immediately i was obsessed with NFL and started memorizing all the trivia,teams,divisions and started collecting Topps cards.First Super Bowl i ever watched was Dan Marino led Dolphins lose to Montana and the 49ers.In fact i was originally a Raiders and Steelers for many years here in Tennessee until the Titans finally came along.Once we got us a team here i've been a fan of the Titans and no longer really follow Pittsburgh or Oakland.

Oh and by the time i was a fan of the Raiders and Steelers in the mid 1980's both of those teams pretty much sucked,lol.Mark Malone was Steelers QB and Marc Wilson was QB for the Raiders.I think i might've saw Plunkett a few times.Man i do remember absolutely despising the Dallas Cowboys and still do twenty six odd years later.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

That did a great job of realigning but did a terrible job of assigning direction. Why would the Titans be in a North? There's 4 divisions above them geographically. They'd be one south while the FL teams+NO would be the other south. Not sure why that wasn't clear to him while he was writing this.

TFC North is fine, but why would the TFC South be the south? Why wouldn't they be the opposite conference's East instead of the FL teams (which are clearly as south as you can get in America, practically).

TFC West and east are idiotic too. Why would the 3rd westernmost division be the West? Same with the East, when it's easily the second north-most, if not first.

And that's not even touching his RFC.

This guy didn't do much more than connect the dots.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Jeopary music playing..... Alex who was Bart Starr/Lynn Dickey, Fran Tarkenton and Joe Ferguson...........?

Did I win? :lol:

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

My turn....Roman Gabriel/Mike Boryla/Ron Jaworski, Craig Morton/Joe Pisarcik, Roger Staubach/Danny White, Sonny Jurgenson/Billy Kilmer/Joe Thiesmann....

Ahh those were the days....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar