Everyone who didn't want to make the playoffs because we "weren't good enough"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

The AFC sucked so bad this year that really only two teams in the conference deserved to be in the playoffs: The Ravens and the Patriots. And I'm iffy on the Patriots since they never beat a winning team in regular season.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

This is all absolutely true... however, the original post was attempting to relate the Titans to the Giants, which is a misnomer.

Had the original post compared us to the Bengals or the Broncos... even, possibly, the Ravens... then, ok, I agree. But the Giants are simply a much better team. Their record was average, but they are not an average team.

I would say that the Giants earned their playoff spot... we would've backed into it like the Bengals and Broncos did.

I take issue with the comparison.

That said... we had as much right to the Playoffs as the Bengals and Broncos... then, who knows, a few good bounces of the ball and we could've done well in the Playoffs.

Losing to the Colts, though... definitely didn't earn a Playoff spot.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Then take the Texans out of the playoffs. They also lost to the Colts.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

ooooooooo name calling...
    Watch out everyone...

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Too bad things aren't black & white... shades of grey.

I suppose you can play devil's advocate and simplify this... but there is more to it than that.

At that point, it was the Texans spot to lose and ours to gain. The Texans had, unfortunately, earned their spot prior to that. However, we had the opportunity to play spoilers and TAKE that spot from them.

The Texans were in a position that they could stand to lose particular games and they were still, practically, in. The Titans were in the hunt and had to win-out in order to get in/take their spot.

It all depended on what we did in our Win Column... not what the Texans did in their Loss Column.

Yeah... simply more to it than that... nothing is as simple as who lost to that "one" team. We didn't show up and the Texans were unable to show up with an intact roster.

Apples and Oranges... but it can't be simplified like that.

6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

The Giants are worlds better than us:

1. Elite quarterback
    2. Best defensive line in football

The Titans don't have elite anything or best anything in any category whatsoever.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

We have an elite kicker. And a great punter.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Best D-Line? That's your opinion. We'll have a good line next year. Our D-Line this past season consisted of 2 rookies and 2 guys that didn't play DE in 2010. The only place is up from here.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

What does everyone make of this new hire, the D-line "helper"...I forgot his name but he coached Tampa's D-line...

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Kudos to Thing.

You are the king of edits to add a personal shot and/or put a spin on the conversation to make things look more favorably for yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar