EXCELLENT RotoWorld Mariota article..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyNotADuck

WhyNotADuck Guest

As a Oregon Duck, this brings a tear of joy to all of us too.

Hello Titan Fans, I come in peace! I imagine you will see many of us Oregon fans around as Marcus is very special to us! His native Polynesian culture taught us "Ohana"-- in a sense meaning "Family (even extended) bound together". That's how we cherished him in his years with us.

As for that game Sunday, you saw our Marcus for sure. Nothing surprised me. And he will only get better! The comparison with Winston and the debate about Number 1 vs Number 2 was actually meaningless. They'd already met in the Rose Bowl (which we won handily) and Marcus out shined him then,

I know the NFL is a big business and not as emotional as the cocoon of a college program. But, just wait! Marcus will be a great leader for your team. And he will only get better!

I'm glad he went to Nashville and not Tampa. He will not only become an exceptional QB for you --- but a wonderful community citizen. I hope you also get a chance to meet his terrific parents. They've truly raised an amazing young man.
    You will be very proud of him too.

Please take good care of him for us. The Titans now have 3 million new fans out here in Oregon :)

Go Titans! Go Marcus!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Only difference about Mariota is he doesn't get scared and run the ball a lot he looks for the open guy, keeping his eyes down field. Mariota looks more like a passer than a runner so far. Glad to have a real dual threat QB tho.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Don't see how you can call a defense bad on a new year when they actually played a good game, yeah they ran on us a few times but they adjusted the play calling and started stopping the run, we got a lot of pressure and 4 sacks. Hell only other time they scored was when we put out the 2nd and 3rd stringers.

How can we not be better by getting orakpo, seracy, and cox thats 3 good playmakers added to what we already had.
    Going to be hard for teams to game plan for Casey, Orakpo, and morgan plus all the good depth we have at DL.
    Blackson will be a pro bowler 1 day.
    (New year, new players)

#13 Prideful, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

One stat that is very telling of the difference between the offense this year and last year.

Mariota was 4-4 for 49 yards on 3rd downs on Sunday ... This is what will make us a much better team than last year. Extending drives allows our O more chances to score, and keeps our D fresher.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Our defense sucked so bad last year because they were exhausted more than anything.
    I think marcus will help that because WHEN YOU HOT, YOU HOT!!!!!

Nananana nana nanana na naaaa!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I didn't mean the Titans defense is bad. My point was even if they have bad games, people won't be pointing out how bad Winston did against the Titans. Where all I see is Mariota only did so well because the Bucs are bad.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I said this all of last season. I don't care how good a defense is...no defense can hold up being on the field 40 mins of the game like the Titans D was most of the time last year. Most of the time they didn't get a chance to get a drink of Gatorade before having to go back on the field.

A good offense that can stay on the field and control T.O.P will make a huge difference.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

"Sunday, Mariota was the Beatles. Jameis Winston was Nickelback." HAHA! Yes!

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Thx guys! I was happy to share!

Go Titans, Go Marcus!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar