Exotic smash mouth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Up_KD, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

That's not up to JRob..... AAS controls the HC. JRob does not have the power to hire/fire the HC. The GM here has never had that power that I am aware of anyways.... Maybe a long time ago.

Part of the reason JRob got the GM position is he was willing to accept Mularkey as HC. That came out when others including Chris Ballard interviewed for the job. He said he would not get the job because he was not willing to agree to Mularkey as HC.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/01/titans-leaning-toward-mike-mularkey

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...plan-name-bucs-exec-jon-robinson-gm/78644412/

"Multiple GM candidates who did not receive the job offer told the Titans they didn’t want to retain Mike Mularkey as head coach, according to a source with knowledge of the interviews who suggested Robinson's flexibility in the matter played a role in him getting the position."

So, I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless things have changed recently w/ the power structure of the team AAS is the only one with the power to hire/fire the HC.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

And I am not saying that Mularkey cannot turn things around. I hope he can for the sake of the team. However, He HAS to do something about this team coming out unprepared & uninspired in important games. Far too often last year we played down to bad teams. This year the teams seems to lack effort on both sides of the ball; & lacks discipline. We are like 6th in penalty yards in the NFL right now!

I don't care if Mularkey stays IF he starts tailoring the offense to the strengths of the players we have. Get some more of the guys involved that have given us big plays. Taylor only seems to get snaps that are going to him on sweeps or trick plays. I would really like to see him get more of Deckers' snaps. Decker has not offered much to the offense at this point IMO.

Hopefully getting Davis on the field will help. I sure hope so!

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Then I hope we don’t.

Sneaking in to a wild card spot or winning a crap division only to get murdered when we get there doesn’t interest me at all if the price is keeping Mularkey.

It pisses me off that ownership has created a situation where I feel that rooting for short term success imperils long term success, but that’s what we have.

4. Up_KD

Up_KD Starter

Yeah kind of hoping this season turns out to be a massive failure if that's the only way to clean house in the coaching staff. Another 9-7 season without playoffs will just put us in the same spot this time next year.

Amy loves Mike's game balls

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How on Earth do some of you want to lose right now? This franchise JUST got fun again and you're ready to burn it down already?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't even like to look at Mularkey now. He's made a point to be such a player defender it pisses me off. He's making excuses for the poor performance the way a bad player would and openly stating he believes the players over the refs. That comes off as a coach that believes the only thing keeping him around is player support. And that is a poisonous process that promotes a lack of accountability.

Familiarity over accountability. The Titans way.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Riverman

I don't want to ever lose another game. I just know that ANYTHING that keeps this coaching staff, and the Adams family for that matter, around is the VERY thing holding this franchise back. This franchise is one of the very few in the NFL that has never hoisted the Lombardi. Let that sink in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pretty sure most teams haven't either

10. Riverman

You might want to check on that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar