Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Expansion Of NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JimmyTitan, Apr 24, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    I like how you posted that without even mentioning the total number of teams in the NFL. :clap:

If the NFL wants to expand a few teams, I can see adding to the playoffs. Right now I think the format is perfect. Win the division. If not, hope you are the best of the rest and get lucky.
    Fry and Scarecrow high five this.
  1. smili Starter

Moolah:
    $422
    My only comment here is that they should be careful what playoff expansion does to the regular season. All of a sudden a whole lot of games at the end of the year (maybe a months worth for some teams) don't mean very much for a whole lot (maybe half) of the teams if 8-8 gets you in. Instead of the last week "mail it in" games from some teams, we could see maybe 2-4 weeks of that.
  2. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $3
    Not gonna happen.

Seeding is still crucially important. And increasing the number of teams won't change that.
  3. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $8,071
    Don't mind adding 1 team each conference, but has to stop there.
    sikwiddit high fives this.
  4. JimmyTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $225
    Maybe it's time to start listening to Jimmy. Playoff expansion is coming in 2015 and exactly how I thought it would be, starting with this post. And for our IRISH GUY here on this thread, I'm going to CAPITALIZE this little message for you..........

"JIMMY KNOWS FOOTBALL.....YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO JIMMY....!!!"
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,496
    The NFL used to believe that less was more. Sunday and Monday night. 12 playoff teams. 16 regular season games. They kept people coming back for more because there was so little of it.

Now football is on non-stop. NFLN. Sunday, Monday and Thursday. Eventually more playoff teams. All to make more money but with no regard to the product on the field. I generally don't watch the Thursday night games because they're typically between two average or below average teams playing average or below average football. Now we're more than likely going to have lesser talented teams in the postseason. Awesome.
    GoT high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,423
    MM would still be the worst HC in the NFL if this was a reality - just sayin'
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,000

Sorry...do you think you came up with the idea or something?

You took something you read and made a post about it. That isn't knowing football, that's repeating what you've read elsewhere.
  6. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $3
    "JIMMY KNOWS HOW TO READ ARTICLES, PLAGIARIZE THEM, AND POST THEM AS HIS OWN!"
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $487
    Breaking news! Obama reelected second term, you heard it here first