Expect diversified role for Titans' Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Me too.

We were all misguided in Fisher speak to believe Chris Henry would be able to share the load at running back, and show improvement. Really, nice misdirection by the Titans in that regard. (and obvious reality that's hard to ignore when personal bias gets in the way, bias as in being a Titans fan and hoping for the best)

Instead, MR's first draft was a horrible bust outside of round 1.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually...

Lendale...as our starter, fumbled FIVE times (lost all of them) during the regular season in '07. That's far from hardly ever!

Gut

PS - He didn't fumble against the Chargers.

3. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

yes! it was chris brown now that i remember! god , that guy is the whimpiest football player i have ever laid my eyes on! glad he will never be wearing two toned blue again!

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Dude. I seem to recall you hating on the CJ pick until early in the season. You just refused to believe the pick wasn't a total ****up from the draft onward even after he started showing significant promise as a game changer. :fish:

You were the anti-bongo on CJ.

5. Alex1939

I was angry at drafting another RB early for sure. I don't remember specifically mentioning that I thought CJ would suck though.

Damnit... now you have me going through my old posts :grrhee:

(after several minutes of searching)

Wow, this thread was pretty funny... I went off on Starkiller on the Hayes being a reach haha.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=36461&highlight=Chris+Johnson&page=6

I've learned a few things. One, that I post too much. Two, that I go off on people too much. Three, that you have me confused...

with RollTide I believe!

Here is a comment I made about Chris Johnson after the draft.

Here is the thread it comes from, along with a good sampling of RollTide's CJ bashing.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=36833&highlight=Chris+Johnson

And I liked Slaton's potential, so I may have at some point said that we should've addressed a different position in the first round and drafted Slaton later. But I'm too tired to look up anything else.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Ah yes, RT wasn't a big fan of CJ either. I do remember that now. Good times...

7. Alex1939

For what its worth, I want to clarify that I was pretty neutral when it came to CJ the player. Again, my concerns were directly with using so many draft picks on RBs. I don't think I knew enough of CJ to form any valid opinion.

Now- there is plenty I have been wrong about! I just don't want to fall into the "I bashed CJ" camp. Although I did bash the selection of a RB, no doubt, just not the player in particular.

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i just hope that for my sake , we don't pick a running back with the first pick this year!

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I wanna see CJ line up at WR more. You know, going out deep. The sky is the limit with this guy.

We all know what he can do out of the backfield, I just want to see him get more catches.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Get MORE catches? Don't you want us to throw it to our WR's occasionally? CJ was 2nd on the team in receptions only behind our TE Scaife!

I would like to see him split out and have him run drag routes. No one could stay with him in man coverage and the dmg he could do after the catch would be significant.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar