Expectation Management

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Carpy...

There you go again being level headed and making sense...you should know better than that!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

New England
    Dallas
    Indianapolis
    Pittsburgh
    Green Bay
    Tennessee (despite how crappy we've played lately)
    Detroit Lions
    Baltimore Ravens
    Cleveland Browns (yes, they'd beat both jags and buccs fairly easy)
    and a few others could have an argument as well.

It'll be easier to do this later in the season when the Jags are struggling to break even, and Tampa is sitting at home during playoffs. These teams aren't good. Tampa has more holes than swiss cheese. The only upside they have is their defense which is middle of the pack. The jags, lol, they're the jags.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

:ha: :ha:

For starters, that's only 9.

Detroit and Cleveland are both in the botom 5 in the NFL in Defense and Baltimore are in the bottom 5 on offense.

I can't see any way that Jacksonville and Tampa don't rate above these teams.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, great point. The losses yesterday and to the colts definitely weren't any better than the games last year when we got absolutely destroyed by the Chargers, Cowboys, or Jags... They're clearly the same for our team...

Also, I might be able to accept you arguing that Tampa isn't in the top ten, even though I think you're wrong, but the Jags, are clearly at this point in the top ten. They're 4-1, and only barely lost to us in week one. There's no way that you can say that Detroit, Cleveland, or Baltimore is better than they are right now. Detroit has had some major blowout losses, Baltimore is incredibly lucky that they held on to 3-2, and Cleveland... really? I have to argue that Cleveland isn't a top ten team? Isn't that a gimme? Even if I gave you Cleveland, that's still well under ten teams better than the Jags. Also, in the last few weeks, the Jags have greatly improved, while we have regressed. I'd put the Jags solidly above us right now.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thing is, you can understand it if you're a good team that loses to the Lions or Browns. They have the weapons to beat anyone any Sunday.
    But if you lose to Tampa? Yikes. They don't really have any threats on either side of the ball right now. For a good team, they should be an easy win.
    Jags haven't beaten anyone still. Only good team they played, they were dominated 4 quarters by. They barely beat the Falcons.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Bucs were about as one-dimensional as the Titans will see this season.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Know who else barely beat the falcons? The Titans.

The jags were not dominated by us, they led for over half the game, and probably would have won if they'd had a kicker to kick FGs that week.

The lions and browns do have weapons, but the Bucs and Jags are winning games, much like the Titans (except this week).

8. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

:stupid:

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

On offense, that is true, and we held them to a single touchdown. The defense did its job for the most part.

They are certainly two dimensional on defense (i.e. can stop the run and the pass), and we couldn't get it done. If our Defense holds opponents to 13 points each wek and we don't win games, it is clearly on our offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar