Expectations for the Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CricketChapman, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

Here's the sad reality of our franchise: we NEED two QBs (a vet to teach the rookie), a new starting LG, C, and RG, at least one big DT, a young S, and one or two LBs. So, at least 6 new starters. This is going to be a slow process, and I am hoping for similar progress that I hoped for (and witnessed) following the "salary cap hell" years. Optimistically, as long as we can keep CJ, and keep KB healthy, we will have the best RB and a top 10 WR on offense.

Year 1: Signs of encouraging growth and the early development of a team identity. Somewhere between 5-11 and 8-8.

Year 2: Learning how to win and understanding the power structure of the NFL; continuing to develop a team character that will strike fear into opponents. Record between 8-8 and 10-6.

Year 3: In the playoffs, contending for a championship. Expressing the team identity and enforcing it upon others. A record of 10-6 or better.

Of course, this requires a committed coach who can maximize player strengths, and who can hire coordinators with strong gameplans and adjustment abilities. What does everyone else expect in the future?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think that those are reasonable expectations is we get a good HC.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Super Bowl year coming up.

4. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Idk about that...I hate to be the pessimist but I think it'll be year 4 before we fight for the playoffs...Year 3 will be a heartbreak year because we started off slow. Just my opinion.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm glad we're starting the rebuilding process now. We can take the next 3-5 years to build a strong young core, and by the time Peyton retires we should be ready to dominate the AFC south for a while..

6. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

My expectations rely on who we hire as the new HC.

I think next season is going to be a down year regardless of who we get, but with the right coaching staff, I don't see why would couldn't be competitive in 2012.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Based on talent alone, this team could be 9-7 or 10-6 I think. It's very hard to evaluate next seasons teams with the 2010 season unfinished, but look who we play.

Houston Texans----------W
    Indianapolis Colts---------L
    Jacksonville Jaguars------W
    Baltimore Ravens---------L
    Cincinnati Bengals--------W
    Denver Broncos-----------W
    New Orleans Saints--------L
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers----W
    Cleveland Browns---------W
    Pittsburgh Steelers--------W
    Buffalo Bills----------------W
    Atlanta Falcons------------L
    Carolina Panthers----------W
    Houston Texans-----------L
    Indianapolis Colts---------W
    Jacksonville Jaguars-------L

This is all pending on the health of our key guys. Morgan will be a beast, and we've seen how good our optimistic defense can be (5-2). Another year for Verner & McCourty, lose Hope at SS, we'll be alright. So it's just a matter of solid QB play on offense.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Luck. Both literally and figuratively.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I will come in the same as always... No expectations. With this team, you can never expect the playoffs. Unless you are a Colts or Steelers fan, you can never expect the playoffs.
    I'm just happy if we succeed, but I never expect 10-6 or better. I don't brag about my team. There's been nothing to brag about.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I just know regardless how bad or good we look on paper, I never want to just "call it in" and wait for next season or the one after next. Even the people who scream "TANK SO WE CAN HAVE THE FIRST PICK" don't actually mean it...or at least they shouldn't mean it.

My expectations: any given Sunday, everyone has a chance...a slim chance is still a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar