Expectations if Whitehurst gets the start?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Worries me that CBJ got most all the reps in practice this game gets out of hand hope we see mett. We better see lots of sankey or it will be ugly

2. kenny

kenny Starter

Defense would be Awesome!!! I would LOVE to have the type of defense that teams hate to play against. If we could just pick up some talented Pass Rushers it would really help our 2ndary. A QB under duress is not going to get as many great passes off at our DBs. If we could start with great pass rushers and add another great CB to go with JMac. Not that JMac is great, but he is more than adequate. Can't help, but think about what a difference that would make! Next years' draft should focus on defense. Hopefully we get a FA QB or Mett works out and we don't have to spend a 1st on a QB!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

CBJ will probably get a few starts and then I bet they throw Mett in to see if he has anything to offer. I don't think Mett is ready yet, let him take some reps with the first stringers for a bit in practice and get a little more comfortable before we throw him into battle.

Unless Locker heals up quickly over this "recent injury" and they decide to give him one last chance to save his career, which I don't see him doing. I just don't think he has what it takes to play QB in the NFL. I'd be happy if I never see him on the field again, this experiment has come to an end if you ask me.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Even if Locker comes back and plays well down the stretch, who here wants to sign him to a long term 10mil+/yr contract? He'll be hurt half the time and suck except for a few games a year and make millions...doesn't sound like the direction this needs to go. I don't like it, but the fact is that Jake Locker is not the long term answer. So, this team needs to figure out what the next step is...not waste more time on Locker IMO...

5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

IMO they should pay me at least the league minimum for the rest of the year to play QB for the Titans. I could guarantee that the Titans pick first next year!

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Lol no. The truth is he's an overrated checkdown master

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

But he's really good at it

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I have no expectations if CBJ gets the start..... I really don't have any more expectations for this team. It always seems to be a let down after the first 4 weeks anyways ( See last year for example) When we start making changes and try to move forward and not stay in the same dam place I then might come up with some expectations but the more expectations I have for this team the more they let me down. I will still root hard on Sundays but I just don't expect anything going in to the game!

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Look, I can't stand the Colts, and I hope Luck fails miserably. Especially today, and any other time he plays the Titans. He is a very good QB though. The long TD passes would suggest that your "checkdown master" nickname is a little off.

10. Titanic12th

Titanic12th Starter

Adam Schefter just reported Whitehurst gets the start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar