Expectations Weeks 1-4

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Its best to look at the season in quarters. 1st quarter of the season is weeks 1-4, 2nd quarter 5-8, 3rd q 9-12, 4th q 13-17

Its impossible to look too far ahead in football due to injuries and other factors; so i was curious to break down the titans seasons in those 4 parts

so just looking at the 1st quarter of the season;

@ jacksonville - lost

vs Baltimore - in all reality the Titans should lose their home opener. Baltimore is coming off a very convincing win by forcing pittsburgh into 7 turnovers while scoring over 30 points. Ray Rice should have a field day on our defense. Although I can see Kenny Britt having a real good day considering Baltimore should have a rookie DB lining up against him. Titans offense comes alive but their defense fails. Ravens win.

0-2 is the most realistic start, although vs Denver and @ Cleveland are two win-able games.

Expectations on CJ - After a awful start to week-1 which was somewhat expected considering his long hold out and no preseason; we should all give him a free pass on that one.

However vs a stingy Baltimore defense I'm expecting more of the same. I wont freak out if CJ is shut down once more. As stated earlier I can see Hasselbeck and Britt to have a big day and hopefully Cook is in the mix a lot more this week than last. CJ should be shut down for the 2nd straight week.

However weeks 3-4, if CJ dont break out vs Denver and Cleveland than its time to hit the panic button. McFadden went nuts against Denver's horrid defense @ Mile High so with Tennessee @ home week-3 im expecting that to be their first win 1-2 with CJ having his breakout 100 yard game.

Within the 1st quarter of the season I'm thinking 2-2 is reasonable but 1-3 isn't out of the cards, depending if Colt McCoy starts to step it up @ home and where CJ is at that point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJs issues in week 1 were self inflicted and he gets no 'free pass' from me. He is selfish and cares only about CJ not about winning or Tennessee or the Titans. I would have been just as happy had mumbles sat the season and ruined his NFL career with his senseless tactics. Swing from the nuts if you like but Im not going on that ride.

So if I understand you correctly you are fine if 'every coaches dream' underperforms aginst the good Ds as long as he lights up the lightweights???

pathetic. That is no way too win a championship

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I do not understand why it might be "OK" for CJ to get shut down again. When was the last time he played that poorly? If he gets anything less than 70 yards and a TD he needs to come out and say he is playing like garbage. I know that will not happen......after all its only week 2 and we probably will just need to calm down.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

yeah to be more clear, im not expecting or wanting CJ to be shut down against good defense's im just trying to be realistic considering its week-2 and CJ is now catching up to a near playbook and new coaching staff later than everyone else is (and yes he is to blame for that) ...

I'm trying to be realistic - i see way to many so-called titan fans in this forum act like the sky is falling after 1 stinkin week ... PUT IN LOCKER! BENCH HASSELBECK! WE NEED A SPARK! WHAT IS MUNCHAK DOING!!!! SEE I WAS RIGHT, COACH GRAY IS THE WORST DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE LEAGUE!! WERE THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!!!"

all these comments above came before HALFTIME ha which is very, very sad. People arn't realistic - its all about win now! Once Ravens win I cant wait to see how many Titan fans will be shoving their way past the crowd to the edge of the ship, so that they can jump off first ... temper expectations until the season is more than 1 week old

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I hate to say it but I think we'll go 0-4

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

for the third year in a row playing the Titans is looking like the cure to the oppositions ills.

There is no reason why the Titans were not more competitive against the tarpkitties. Titans will not be competitive agianst the ratbirds. Denver will rediscover their run game in a couple of weeks and then the true race to the bottom will be in Cleveland. Then it will be off to slaughter in pissburgH before the Titans stoutly refuse too loose during their week 6 bye.

0-5 or 1-4 depending who has the higher estrogen count between the Titans and the stains.

Of course I retain the right to wildly change this prediction depending upon how the team looks sunday.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We were so bad last week Jason Hill thinks he is a superstar.

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Andrew Luck in our future?????? Carolina did it.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

So what happens if I'm not "okay" with CJ getting shut down?

The only thing that would change is that I would come across as an ahole bitter about other people playing a game.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No team is as good or as bad as it looks in week 1. Especially with the short offseason. 0-4 is almost as hard to pull off as 4-0. The universe is pulling everyone toward 2-2 and the Titans will go with the flow.

What they learn before the bye will determine whether they have a prayer after the bye... I like some of the young talent we have, but it seems like we're a couple solid drafts from being anything but a surprise overachiever.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar