Fable 2 thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, this game was over to soon for me
    (well, not technically over, I finished the Crucible and they tell me not to get on the boat)
    I plan on spending a day or two on sidequests

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Hmmm I got on the boat just fine and am still running. Maybe we are talking about different parts though.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd do that.

I don't know squat about a Live update, still haven't interneted my 360.

Me > :chair: < the internets

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ya, I think I need to get this game again. I rented it and played it nonstop. Maybe after I test in Feb I will.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What do you guys prefer?

Fable 2 or Mass Effect?

I have Fable 2, but I got so many games to play on both PS3 and 360 I haven't gotten around to it.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Mass Effect.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i took it when Hammer and Theresa(?) said that I must be sure I'm done in Albion before I get on the boat, that this was a one way trip to the endgame

correct ?

in other words, once you get on the boat for the Spire (immediately after completing the Crucible) that it locks you into the Spire quest ... which is essentially the end game ?
    she tells you to make sure noone else needs your help and that Garth(?) "isn't going anywhere"

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that's not really a fair comparison
    these 2 games are really nothing alike

Mass Effect is an RPG in a class with games like Oblivion / Fallout3 / Kotor
    you start with a guy, add attribute points, level up, have unlimited save slots, etc...

in Fable 2 .... you start with a guy ... that's about as close as it comes to the others. there is only 1 save slot and it's transparent, you never actually "level up" - you are awarded 4 different types of EXP orbs to use on new abilities (skill / will / strength / gen.)

I liked the hell out of Mass Effect. to me I could kinda feel like I was playing KotorIII ...... Fallout kinda felt like playing Oblivion, as in coming from the same studio

but Fable feels like playing ............ idk really, i'm not sure I've played a game quite like this. to me it has many unique qualities not found in many 'turn-based' / 'card-battle' / FPS-RPG type games

it almost feels like a platformer

FableII won a couple of the GOTY awards that GTAIV didn't and rightly so.
    I started FableII immediatley after finishing Fallout3 ,so the bar was set pretty high, and I can honestly say that I have been entertained non-stop with it, whereas many games would have felt flat after a game like F3

if you have yet to start either Mass Effect or Fable2, play Fable first. you can get in and out of it relatively quickly. Mass Effect will have you chained to it for weeks

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the reason I brought the update up is that it is what has caused so many problems with the game

i had to clear the cache, install the game to the HDD, save to the internal MU, before being able to play lock-up free

so, if you still have it once you get the interwebs, you might want to tell it to stick it in it's *** when it tells you there's an update

fwiw, I have re-downloaded the update and it still works fine.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Too late. I'm hooked on Mass Effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar