Falcons cut vet DT Jackson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

In a surprising move, the Falcons on released 11-year veteran nose tackle Grady Jackson on Tuesday. ...more

[​IMG]

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He was playing well I wonder why they released him....maybe a disagreement with the new coaching staff?

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Jackson worth looking at....

everyone loves haynz right now (everyone bein titan fans....) but its no guarantee that he will be here next year....plus it wouldnt hurt to get some more depth too..in comes jackson...he could start opposite haynz and those two together in the center....although the real reason i bring this up is b/c im worried we might not have haynz next yr....(i would really consider jackson if he can come cheap)

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I can see where your coming from. He looked good against us,but surely the F.O wont be stupid as they have in the past and not resign Al,he's one of the biggest reasons for are improved D play this year. I'd say he's worth 6-7 mil a season.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Things are about to get really nasty in Atlanta.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

oh if it was me....i wouldnt really think about jackson and already be talkin to hayz about a contract. i really want him to stay a titan...he's officially become a star and i'd hate to see him leave

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm sure they're already in contract talks with albert. But really, how many DTs do we need? We already have to leave one inactive every week, and we cut mahelona. We've got haynesworth, brown, starks, and simon, all who have been fine so far... I don't think we need to worry about it, at least for this season...

8. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

They will release or trade most of the team in the off season.

yikes.

9. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

You shouldn't joke about things like that. Thats the sort of thing they might do.:gag: :greedy:

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If Petrino stays in ATL, look for lots of players to bolt from there. They don't like Petrino's style, he's Couglin-ish which worked for him on the college level, but doesn't fly with most pro players.
    I don't know who are ATL's free agents next year, but it would be worth checking out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar