Falcons @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Phil Simms said the other day, if you have 3 ints and win the game, he used to think it was good day, that he was lucky to survive how hard a football game it was, and nowadays, if you have a performance like that your lucky if you start the next game.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

and those weren't interceptions that were tipped balls either. They were all bad decisions by Vince. I look for him to settle down in the future.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He was lucky he didn't have 4 INT's, one was barely missed...

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That 1st INT wasn't really a bad decision, the Atlanta player just made a good play.
    It seemed to shake VY, cause he wasn't the same after that. He started out OK, hitting the short passes, but after that long throw and 1st INT it seemed to mess with his head.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The play that frustrated me the most was the long pass to Moulds on the sideline. Vince threw it on the fly, it was in good position, and Moulds couldn't bring it in. I'm not saying it was an easy catch, because it wasn't, but we brought him in here to make plays like that one. We needed a spark, and a reliable WR, and he let us down today. So, boo to him.

Interesting note that I wasn't aware of- it was only Anderson on one of the three missed FGs, the other two were the punter or another kicker or something.

Great job, defense, I hope we don't have to ask so much of you very often.

I hope Vince recognizes this as a sign that he needs to keep working... We can't have many games like this.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually Morten Andersen only missed 1, the 48 yarder, Michael Koenen missed the 2 others. And the Falcons know very well Andersen doesn't have the leg beyond 45 anymore, they signed him because Koenen and their previous kicker couldn't nail the gimme's from within 40.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is Algernon his real name?

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Good teams win bad games. By that fact we are a good team. We obviously need work (offensively) and had that been a better team, we might have lost that one. But the fact is, in past performances like that we would have folded and went under by halftime, so the credit goes to the entire team for not letting the turnovers get in their head and fall apart.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Remember, Moulds did bring in one right on the sideline down near the red zone that I thought was going to be intercepted. I would not come down on Moulds. Vince missed recognizing him running wide open down the field at least twice that I saw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar