Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by A Fightin'Titan, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I had just rented this game and played it quite a bit. Now I know i'm probably pretty late on this game but I had just rented it, finished it, and overall am pretty disappointed.

After a pretty cool start, a wide open playing field and pretty cool gaming style I was impressed. From bouncing back and forth between storyline and side journeys it seemed limitless. And I do want to make that point get across, I really really liked this game at first. The weapons both finding and creating were fun. The targeting system and kill shots were pretty well done. The allies were cool, the story characters were pretty diverse with what seemed to be a huge playing area that stretched and stretched with a lot of side stories. IT WAS REALLY A GOOD GAME ...........

......until the end. You find yourself saving the water treatment situation then wham! it's done. Just like that your game is saved with no way of going back and doing other quests. Finished out of nowhere. Well I was a little surprised but figured I would just go back start from a previous saved game and continue to search and explore the game more. Everything was alright.

Then after doing another couple of quests the game stops giving me XP points!!!!. WTF. I still had tons of Perks to get along with a lot of skills to raise. It pretty much made the game pointless. From seemingly being endless to getting chopped right there. End of game.

Did anyone else play this game to this point and find it frustrating? I mean why cut out at level 20? Having such a variety at first and then seem to really push for the game to end? IDK but it seemed to take away from it.Big time.

OPINIONS?

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I agree, the main storyline was weak (the idea was novel, but execution sucked) and the side quests weren't very interesting either. It truly is a poor mans Elder Scrolls in size and scope.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I could have easily leveled to 25

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

For sure. I found myself racking up more kills than ever until I realized I wasn't getting XP. It just completely killed the game.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I do believe they are going to patch it so you can continue after the main quest. I am not sure about the levelling up though.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, I heard players are going to Pittsburgh or something. :ha:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm now at the supermarket. I'm still a little lost as to how to play. I haven't really done anything of consequence except look at all the crap, and by crap I mean a lot of crap. The characters seem to have some depth thus far, if you are willing to read, but nothing of any consequence has happened to me yet.

One thing I don't like is how you have to keep going back to your computer thing just to change a weapon. or eat something. or look at your map. That's a bit ridiculous.

Another thing I don't like is having to look at the person you are talking to. I ought to be able to initiate discussion and keep moving.

Still very early though. I'm just now finding my way around.

I feel like it's taking too long to get into serious action though.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

you can change your weapons with just the directional pad once you assign them (on 360)

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Thanks. Good to know. I'll do it.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I remember feeling the same way at first. I found Megaton and then headed towards the Supermarket and eventually went up in a town and killed a bunch of fireants. I too felt that it was taking a little long to really see anything of consequence. But trust me if you stick it out it gets pretty good. Basically every town/city you discover will have something wrong with it that you will have to travel elsewhere to help solve. It gets better as you go and snowballs from there. Just expect an epic drop of of desire to play once the game basically calls it quits. I am prerry unimpressed with most games out there and I would still rate this 9/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar