Fan Pressure to Sign Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think Finny's situation is one where the team should be loyal to a player who has helped out the franchise in a big way. He hasn't broke the bank for the team and came from nowhere to become the Titan's best defensive back. I think the franchise should show some loyalty to its players by rewarding Finny with a long term deal.

I think the deal should be around 7-8 a year but be front loaded and incentive based so that both the parties win out. I think the end result could be a Super Bowl run for all of us.

We're already going to have to make decisions with our safeties and keep the cornerback unit the same could provide us with some stability going into next season. I think that with more time under Grey and possibly a better assistant coach that unit might propel our defense. We played toe to toe with arguably the best passing attack in the league right now, and that was without one of our starting corners. Finny offers the rare combination of elite skill in the run game and passing game and can be used in a variety of ways for our offense for some years to come. He's kept himself in great shape, showed up ready to play every camp, and has been a model player off the field for the entire team.

I wanted to start a thread where some support could be built for retaining Finnegan at a fair price. I know everyone has their opinions, but I'd like everyone to respectably keep this thread positive for the sake of those fans who respect what Finnegan has done for our franchise.

I feel the franchise should know that there are fans out there that support Finny's play and citizenship and would like to see him remain with the franchise.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He should be loyal to the Titans for drafting him and giving him the opportunity to be a millionaire.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would like Finny to stay.

Not only for his play on the field, but for being one of the few leaders on the team.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

If he ask for top CB money, then let him go. He's not a top CB. He's a very good CB in a system that uses his talents to the fullest. I'll take ATV and JMac. May not be as good. But if we can fix our Dline, we'll be alright.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I guess some people don't understand the point of this thread. :sad2:

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No they don't

Fine we have two good corners outside Finny in a league that utilizes three wide receivers on most of their downs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

:suspect::sad2::suspect:

did you not read the first post? keep it positive and about bringing him back not posting you ignorant thoughts about him not being a top cb and throwing out ideas to solve the problem if we dont resign him....stupidity sometimes....

thanks for the new thread hope it stays positive but i believe we should keep him as he is a leader for our defense and his play has shown it along with what he has done for this community....talent is replaceable but the leadership finny has brought and influence in the community can not....

he has said he wanted to stay here so i believe he will take less to finish his career as a titan....

and to top it off he has a titans man cave for pete sakes :brow:

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm confident we're going to re sign him

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I am 100% positive Cortland will be a Titan in 2012

I am 100% positive the Titans will offer Finnegan a fair long term contract

I am not 100% positive CF will have the same opinion of the fair contract offer

Will be interesting

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I pay Finny top CB money because he is our top CB. He is a leader and brings a feisty attitude that every defense needs to have. I'm willing to pay him top CB money for the extra things that he brings to the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar