Fan Pressure to Sign Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

do you not want us to improve? if we lose finny then we will have a hole in our cornerback position along with all of our other holes we already have...and then we would lose our leader on defense too

this team is not known for making big splashes in free agency so we would lose our top cb and leader and have one more hole than what we already have to start....i dont see why we wouldnt bring him back its not like our front office is going to sign any big name free agents anyways....we never do no matter how much us fans want them too

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't think Finnegan is irreplaceable. In my opinion, if we don't spend money on him, we'll nab someone in free agency. My hope (and this obviously won't happen), is that Bud goes all in this offseason and gets us a couple of difference makers. We desperately need them on the D-line and in the secondary.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Do you not know how this team works? If we don't resign Finny then we will not "nab" someone in Free Agentcy. What we will do is draft someone know one has ever heard of in the 3rd - 4th round of the draft.

Finnegan is a top ten cornerback and deserves to be paid like one.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't even think he's a top 10 CB. I really don't. I'm ALL for signing him; however, I don't think he deserves top tier CB money. I'll say it once and I'll say it again...the guy isn't THAT good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I could see Cortland going to St. Louis. I guess he was on St. Louis ESPN radio station talking about Fisher. He openly said that he would go to St. Louis to play for Fisher.

Rams have money.
    Rams need secondary help.
    Rams have Fisher.

Makes sense, but I don't see Cortland leaving. If he does, St. Louis makes sense.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The thing is...Cortland isn't going anywhere unless he wants to be payed like the best CB in the league. If he can get off of his high horse and act like a professional, he'll be a Titan next year. I have a feeling that the money he is asking for isn't even in the same ballpark as what we are prepared to shovel out. Our FO is sensible, IMO...and I respect them for that, believe it or not.

This will be a Haynesworth type scenario. Someone is going to break the bank for him and it probably won't be us.

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Keep Finny and let grif go

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Except Finny is someone we should spend money on...Haynesworth was always a lazy player, he was notorious for taking plays off. When does Finnegan ever not give it his all?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CF will either sign a long term deal or will be tagged for 2012. He will not be a lamb unless there is a trade

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

But Finny has the awesome Titans Fan Cave. He should stay for that reason alone. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar