Faneca anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Why would he replace bell? i say sign bell and drop old olson

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

If Fisherball is going to work, we need OL players like him. He would be a great pick up.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Anyone seen him play much lately? Sometimes guys who are running out of time hope for that last big pay day, and think they are still worth it when they are not.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the advantage is that you keep each man fresh
    wear them down and bruise them a bit with White
    then let Chris run by them

yes, a true franchise back would be nice ... but those dudes are become rare these days ... just look at this years "premiere" backs .... most of them spent time on injury reports ... others started off slow

we have the Fisherball type run game JEff wants
    it's just taking 2 guys to do it

then there's Michael Turner
    who might be a little cheaper for us this year since he didn't get a whole lot of exposure this year and SD has looked mediocre as a whole

but is MT really the answer ?
    or would he add to our stable of "almost" backs ?

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The thing is I don't think it'd take much to upgrade LW. He could still be usefull in short yardage or just to give another guy a blow. LW is actually getting a good # of carries....but back that down and give the ball more to a better RB.

I think CB has played better than LW this year. But he's injured so much, can't count on him as the future. And I'm looking at the future here, at least 1 RB that can be #1 on the depth chart for quite awhile. Maybe that guy is Turner. He can run with power and much more speed than LW.

I think we should at least be in the bidding for Turner this offseason. Most teams have "their" back. Some will get their's through the draft. I don't think the bidding war will be really big for Turner (as long as LT stays healthy), and SD can't hold on to him for a ridiculous price anymore.

I would have liked to have seen Henry get more shots this year. If he did well, maybe they would think he could be the guy. But there's not enough to go by.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'd be ecstatic if we signed him...

7. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

Ya know, he might just be a better fluffer than running back.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ha I had to look that one up to get it :lol:

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Bell might want more than we're willing to pay him. I don't think he's shown what Faneca has shown yet, but there is a chance he will want upper-tier money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar