Fanspeak 2017, Start mocking!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

5: R1P5
    DL JONATHAN ALLEN
    ALABAMA
    18: R1P18
    WR MIKE WILLIAMS
    CLEMSON
    83: R3P19
    CB HOWARD WILSON
    HOUSTON
    100: R3P36
    S EDDIE JACKSON
    ALABAMA
    123: R4P18
    DL DERRICK NNADI
    FLORIDA STATE
    165: R5P20
    EDGE EJUAN PRICE
    PITTSBURGH
    239: R7P18
    WR JOSH MALONE
    TENNESSEE

I have no idea what im doing! But just incase im right on the money! lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

But yet PFF chose Conklin for their "All-Pro" team. And had Conklin rated higher than Schwartz this year.

You just don't like Conklin because you thought he couldn't make it at OT and now he's an All-Pro.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Hey, I never said I liked PFF, you just can't find stats like that anywhere else.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Im just saying you are trying to prove Conklin isn't as good as Schwartz because of all the help he receives by using a site that thinks Conklin is better...

PFF is extremely subjective.

5. Fry

I didn't say that at all. What I said is we used a high pick on a guy who needed constant help. That ain't a lie.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs signed a vet that needed less help. A hole we could have filled before the draft and took a much needed playmaker on either side of the ball instead of swapping firsts and losing a second.

Throw in the fact that PFF acknowledges that Conklin gets more help than Schwartz then it should be no surprise that Conklin's grade is slightly higher considering he has fewer one-on-ones.

And All-Pro RTs aren't a requisite to having a solid offensive line. We had a solid offensive line for years with a good RT. A top 10 pick on a RT is overkill, which is what the Titans do with their OL. They can't find the mid round gems anymore so they just use the premium picks on non premium positions. Up next, kicker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Can you find actual stats on number of plays he got help on vs. not? Or at least comparable to other OT?

"Conklin (and teammate Taylor Lewan on the other side) do get more help than most tackles in Tennessee’s scheme." is not a stat and even more doesn't say that Conklin had help "most of the time" just more help than most (not all) other OTs.

7. Fry

Nothing official. Maybe PFF has them available for subscribers, but I think that site is generally ass. They get propped up for doing the work no one else wants to do.

Geoff Schwartz, former offensive lineman, does it some on Twitter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

His grade should actually be lower if he gets more help because the almighty PFF "takes everything into account".

Yeah those poor cowboys aren't reaping any benefits from spending 1st round picks on O line help.

What playmaker drafted aftter pick 14 would have wanted us to take??

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is Mitchell Schwartz's brother! :p

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Fry

You mean after they had an established QB and playmakers on offense? Ain't nothing wrong with that.

We could have traded up for someone worth a top ten pick. That always works too. Or we could have stayed right where we were and took Taylor Decker without losing a second round pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar