Fanspeak 2017, Start mocking!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Mkay... who was worth of trading up into the top 10 to go and get?

Did we not have an established QB in Mariota? Did we not have a pro bowl TE? And just added DeMarco Murray?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No to an established QB. QBs flash in the pan all the time. And Murray was coming off of his worst season ever. Those guys worked out, but they were far from established.

And now we get to keep our Pro Bowl TE in to help Jack "Hold my Hand" Conklin. Yay!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You're missing the point.

Do you acknowledge that we could have signed Schwartz for a decent contract instead of spending a 1st and a 2nd round pick for Conklin?

Don't take this as us thinking Conklin's a bad player, he's not. He's a very good player and had a very good rookie season! But in terms of drafting, we spent a heck of a lot of draft capital on a RT that we didn't need to.

Considering we have need at CB, S, LB, #1 WR....

We could have probably taken Eli Apple or Vernon Hargreaves if we had stayed put. Giants took Apple but reportedly would have taken Conklin which probably means one of the cb's falls to us...#1 CB solved. Or, we could have simply taken Keanu Neal....SS solved. Or taken Darren Lee or Ragland depending on what kind of ILB you want. ILB solved. I think you get the point.

BUT...

We not only would have solved one of the above problems...lets say CB for the moment with Apple falling to us...but we would also then have a 2nd round pick this year with which to solve another problem...let's say drafting Adoree Jackson.

So the equation is as an example...is Jack Conklin at RT worth Mitchell Schwartz at RT, Eli Apple at CB and Adoree Jackson at CB?

THAT is the point.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

We would have had to give up almost everything we got from the rams to move up to get him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No I'm not missing the point. I know exactly what he is trying to say. No where did I claim anyone was saying Conklin is a bad player.

Eli Apple didn't have a great year this year. Not sure what makes you assume he is a #1 CB.

Ragland missed the whole year.. what would that solve? We haven't seen him take a meaning NFL snap and we are going to ASSUME he solves a problem for us? Darron Lee was mediocre this year. Not sure he is better than what we got this year out of our LB's.

Your post has a lot of assumptions. Conklin IS an all pro. Am I happy we gave up a 2nd rounder this year for him? No. but we also had extra picks to deal from. We have a top 5 pick to replace that 2nd rounder.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

You can keep complaining about fixing our O line, but I'll be happy we drafted a 1st round pick that is an All-Pro. Sure it sucks we don't have a 2nd this year (yet). But we also have 2 first one of which is a top 5 pick. We can still add talent to this team and keep our All-Pro RT.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Anybody actually know what the trade offer would have needed to be to jump back up to #5 for Ramsey? Lots of hypothetical going around here. Hindsight is worthless at this point.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I disagree with your assertions. Apple had a good year enough to push DRC into nickel where he also played well. Apple is a good starting cb in his first year and was a lot better than McCourty who is our best cb. Or are you saying he's not a good starting cb and needs to be replaced?

Darron Lee had a good year and was not mediocre! If you think Woodward is as good as Lee, you must think we don't need to upgrade ILB!

Or are you claiming there are no good players we could have taken instead of Conklin in last years first round AND in this years second round?

I don't understand why you are trying to argue this point. The proof is there. We could have had a similar player without spending a pick - let alone giving up a second rounder too this year. The only reason to argue this is to 'defend' Conklin but no one is attacking him.

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

To just assume Eli Apple fills our #1 CB is an assumption. He was good enough to start on the 23rd ranked pass defense and he would have started here. But to assume he is a #1 CB is a little much. Unless by #1 CB you don't mean a true #1 CB. You just mean he would be our #1 CB, which isn't saying much. When I read #1 CB I think you mean a true #1 CB not just our #1 on the depth chart. Sorry if I misunderstood you there.

Woodyard is better against the pass than Lee is. He also regeistered more sacks. But I think we need an ILB upgrade for a number of reason and would think the same if Lee was on this team.

I'm not arguing anything that's the point here. I'm agreeing that it sucks we don't have a 2nd rounder this year but I'm estastic we have an All-Pro RT! And we have a top 5 pick and a mid 1st rounder. Plus 2 3rds. Life isn't terrible.

You can argue on hypothetical situations all day long. Who says Eli Apple falls to 15? The Bucs took a CB right after the Giants. How do you know the wouldn't take him? You don't. That is the point. You can't predict that stuff. I can tell you without any doubt that Conklin was an All-Pro his rookie year.

#40 Dman5TX, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar