Fanspeak 2017, Start mocking!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, and? Or we could have not moved back at all.

Now we're just going to use those firsts on Gs to save Mariota's Twig Legs since the addition of Jack "Hold my Hand" Conklin didn't do the trick. They're going to build a great wall, a beautiful wall, around Mariota. Twig Legs still gonna get broken though.

• Boring Boring x 3
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sure. To move up from 15-8 should cost 350 points via trade value chart. There are a number of ways to get to that number. The Browns played hardball and got us to give up a 3rd round pick in 2016 (pick 76) and a 2nd rounder in 2017 (roughly pick 49). We also got back pick 176.

Essentially, we gave up a 1st (pick 15 in 2016), a 2nd (pick 49 in 2017), and a 3rd (pick 76 in 2016) for a 1st (pick 8 in 2016) and a 6th (pick 176).

Most teams treat future picks as one round later for trade purposes so the Titans may have looked at the 2017 2nd rounder as a 3rd (in 2016 when making the trade). We gave up 1445 points (treating the 2017 2nd as a 3rd) and got back 1420.6. Treating that 2017 2nd rounder as a 2nd rounder, we gave up 1670 and got back 1420.6. Let's face it, the Browns are so far away, they don't consider getting the 2nd next year (2017) as a degradation of value so they see this trade as a win win win!

But to answer your real question, the difference between trading up for Conklin vs trading up for Ramsey. The answer is shockingly simple and actually makes me feel worse we didn't do this.

For Conklin we gave up...

First (pick 15)
    Third (pick 76)
    Second (pick 49) in 2017

FOR

First (pick 8 = Conklin)
    Sixth (pick 176=Sebastian Tretola)

What we would have given up for Ramsey would have been...

First (pick 15)
    Second (pick 45)
    Third (pick 76)

FOR

First (pick 5=Jalen Ramsey)

The easy way to look at this is, we would have traded our worst 2nd round pick (we had 3 of them) in 2016 instead of in 2017 (when we have no others). So if we had signed Mitchell Schwartz in free agency and made the move up for Ramsey, we'd have Ramsey instead of Dodd, Austin Johnson or Henry. Oh, and we wouldn't have Tretola either.

So it would have cost us a relative pittance to sign Schwartz and I'd rather have Ramsey than and one of our 2nd round picks plus Tretola. Hopefully we will learn this lesson this year!

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah Jalen Rmasey really helped the Jags win a lot of games this year!

I'll take the extra picks and an All-Pro RT. I wanted Ramsey really REALLY bad too.

If you are going to troll at least be funny about it. I know you aren't be serious but geez add some humor! Cmon fry you're better than this.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And all of this is ASSUMING the division rival Jags even wanted to trade us that pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm dead serious about Twig Legs and building the great, beautiful wall. I was told adding Conklin was to keep Mariota healthy. He got hit less, fumbled just as much, and got hurt again. Now we need to waste more premium picks on non premium positions to keep Mr. Glass in one piece.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

5: R1P5
    WR MIKE WILLIAMS
    CLEMSON
    18: R1P18
    LB JABRILL PEPPERS
    MICHIGAN
    83: R3P19
    CB QUINCY WILSON
    FLORIDA
    100: R3P36
    LB ANTHONY WALKER
    NORTHWESTERN
    123: R4P18
    EDGE JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
    TENNESSEE
    165: R5P20
    CB M.J. STEWART
    NORTH CAROLINA
    239: R7P18
    WR RICKY SEALS-JONES
    TEXAS A&M

I did one with trades as well, only made one move tho.

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson (A)
    Round 1 Pick 18: Jabrill Peppers, OLB/SS, Michigan (A)
    Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (A)
    Round 3 Pick 5: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 8 (CAR): Anthony Walker Jr., ILB, Northwestern (B-)
    Round 3 Pick 19: Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama (A)
    Round 4 Pick 18: Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 20: Jordan Morgan, OG, Kutztown (B+)
    Round 7 Pick 18: Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee (A+

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

If you are dead serious then let's make a bet.

If the Titans don't take an O lineman in the first round you have to make your avatar a picture of Clemson for one full year. I'll pick the picture.

If they do take an O lineman in the first round then I will have Schwartz be my avatar for a full year.

Put up or shut up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Come on man. You know better than this!

If you want to go by total yards, you're right. However, that is a meaningless stat. Why? Because it's not balanced for total plays and doesn't tell you much. Look at how well (or poorly) the team did throwing the ball against them.

Giants pass D
    3rd in completion percentage given up (58.6)
    7th in avg yards per attempt (6.8)
    2nd in fewest passing TD's against
    4th in INT's (17)
    2nd in lowest 1st down % via pass
    14th in sacks

And most importantly in pass stats for an overview...
    2nd in QB rating against (75.8)!!!

And to put that in perspective, the Giants in 2015 were ranked...

21st in QB rating against with 95.9

So yes, he was good enough to be one of the 2 new starting cb's who were a large part of that transition from 21st to 2nd!!!

And you want to suggest Woodyard is better than Darron Lee in pass coverage? Are you kidding?!? Is that why we take him off the field and put another LB in? Is that why we need another ILB who can play the pass because Woodyard does it so well? Come on, man! There is a reason Woodyard is a 2 down LB! Do you think we need an ILB in this draft to be a 3 down LB or do you think Williamson should come off the field in passing downs and we should play Woodyard in nickel and dome instead of Spence?

This is like you suggesting the Giants have a bad pass D!!! Look big picture, not single stats.

If you want to argue the Bucs take Apple, we wouldn't be crying with Vernon Hargreaves. And as I said, there were players taken AFTER 15 that we would/could have taken that would have filled needs we currently have now. Plus another pick in last years third round and another second round pick this year. That is not an assumption, it is a fact!

I think we agree we are happy we have an excellent RT, but suggesting we couldn't have had more or the team couldn't possibly have been better off is a bit ludicrous to me.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

your assertion was we'd have to give up almost all of the picks we got from the Rams. Simply showing it not to be true. And someone asked what it would have taken so I displayed what was done and what could have been done.

The one point you are correct in is that the Jags may not have been willing to trade out of the spot...but we don't know either way. But the cost to move up there was not really that big considering what we gave up to get to 5.

Of course, your argument could be that we should have signed Janoris Jenkins to a big time contract and then not needed a #1 CB.

Of course, we could have signed Janoris Jenkins at CB and Mitchell Schwartz at RT and could have fixed several more spots in the draft. But hindsight is always 20/20!

Let's see what JRob does in FA this year!!!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar