Fast Willie Parker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanFan4Life, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They give Bettis a lot of credit for mentoring him (Parker) and making him a much better back.
    If Eddie had stayed like Bettis (in the same role) maybe he could have helped Brown get better. Learn to run less upright, etc?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

teach him how to play with a boo-boo

3. Fry

who's the runningback you see taking the handoffs when the game is on the line? bettis.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I can't even fathom anyone argueing, overall, Bettis >>> Parker at this point of the Buses career.

I'd rather have Parker than Brown. ANYDAY. :sad2:

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I didn't know you watched every Steelers game. :sad2:

6. Fry

i didnt need to. look at his stats. all of his 100 yard games he had a run of at least 21 yards(a few were over 40). in ten of the games this year he had an YPC of 3.7 or less, all of which he didnt have a run of 25 yards or more.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527/gamelogs/2005

my point about parker is you will never have a consisent running game with him. he's a great change of pace back, and is good for a big gain or two a game, but he wont be someone you can give the ball to 25 times a game. sounds exactly like chris brown.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

:ha:

So elite backs aren't allowed to break a long run or two? I don't get your logic cous. No one said he was in the top 5 in the league, but you said he isn't a starter in this league. Clearly, he is...

8. Fry

i put him in the same category i put chris brown in. above average. he'll be a good stopgap player until they get someone who can take the full load.

and my whole point about the long runs is his average is nothing without them. i was responding to soxcat's comment about his high YPC. when in fact he averaged less than 3.8 YPC for more than half of the games this season(a few were less than 3). all of which he was missing his 25+ yarder.

his season was exactly like chris browns' 2004 season.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

Well if you took out the 20+ yard runs Jim Brown didn't have a good ypc either....but then again You CAN'T TAKE those runs away.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

I disagree completely. In 2004, Chris Brown ripped off chunks of yardage consistently. His 4.9 ypc was not only his average, but a median as well....it seems that half of his gains were over five yards, and half of them were under. (Check the play-by-plays...they back me up.) The games in which he struggled were against defenses that were geared to stop him...and even then, many of them were unable to do it.

Yeah, he usually had a 20+ yard run to pad the stats a bit, but even without it, he was a highly effective back for everything but short yardage, where he and the O-line share the blame equally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar